• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW parts source?

JungleBiker

I'm currently in Papua New Guinea and am working on a heavy duty trailer that was made many years ago out of a CCKW with Timken axles. Can anybody tell me where I can get the following parts:

1. all new wheel bearings

2. new center nuts, (I mean the ones that hold the whole wheel together right smack in the middle.)

3. the appropriate locks for the center nuts

Thanks!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have fun with that. You need to contact:
Frank von Rosenstiel 705 437 3757 vonrosenstiel@globalserve.net

He advertises the Jimmy stuff in Military Vehicles and Supply Line

Bearings may need to come from a supplier like Motion Industries or VXB

JungleBiker

Thanks NDT--the bearings have a Timken number on them, (I don't have them in front of me right now, so I can't give the number out here), but do you think that they might still be available from a Timken supplier?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bearings can come from any bearing supplier, not just a Timken dealer. On some of the WWII numbers, they may not have them on the shelf, but can be ordered. Tapered roller bearings have not changed much over the years. I guess your problem is finding a local source where you are right now. That's why I suggested an internet supplier (VXB) that may ship internationally. BTW, these bearings will be about $70 for the cage and $30 for the race.

JungleBiker

Hey, just wanted to say that Frank was very helpful and had all the parts I needed for this job--I ended up getting the bearings at NAPA, but all the other parts came from Frank in original 1950's US Army packaging. I highly recommend him! Now this old trailer can soldier on for another 60 years...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks