• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Model O.H. Perry Class Frigate

biodeucel

I recently purchased a 56" Model Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate kit, which I am currently building. It will be remote controlled. Basically, this ship carries helicopters, which are launched from it's stern platform, and is armed with a rocket launcher on the bow and some medium to small guns

More info can be found here:

FFG-7 OLIVER HAZARD PERRY class

Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And of course, I have to include the pics :-D

The last few are of the real ship ;-)

Attachments

mattgw86

My dad was on the Clark (FFG-11), the Wadsworth (FFG-9), and the Curts (FFG38 ). I grew up around those ships. Keep us posted on the build.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BioD,
My uncle was Henry Elrod, Wake Island, WWII, Marine pilot, did not leave the island.
Got a real neat set of coffee cups at the dedication.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My shipmate from Engineman A school was stationed on the Elrod. I went and visited him often aboard the ship. Very tiny. And I was a tin can sailor myself, so if I think its small...

Very cool project. They had CGN-37 USS South Carolina on GL a couple of years ago...

THAT would have been a cool project! :twisted:

waayfast

Wow, My former Father-in-law was on Wake Island when it was taken by the enemy. He was civilian worker with M-K. Actually there were several guys from here (McCall ID) that were captured.I wonder if maybe they(he) knew your uncle from daily activities around the Island-------------- Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks