• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A little help please

Tranham

Ok,

New guiy questions. Bought the M35A3 last Friday. I am trying to apply for the SF97. Where do I find the year and Vin#? There was a 6 didgt serial # on the window. The auction does not state the year at all. Also is the body style a "truck"?

Thanks

Robert

jmh4x4

not 100% positive on this, but you can't apply for the SF97 until your EUC clears and you recover the truck from GL. Then you can apply for the SF97. The serial # will be on the dash of the truck and the frame towards the front tire. Search for VIN or serial # and there will be plenty of pictorials on where to find it. On average, you can expect 1 month wait for the EUC to clear, then another months wait for the SF97 to clear. Body style is truck, as for the year it will be in the serial number or on your invoice documentation.

goodluck!

Numbers

There is one UNLESS included but pretty sure it does not apply to the M35a3 that was purchased. If the vehicle is listed as residue/scrap (according to GL) there will be no SF-97 issued.

"Government Liquidation will supply a SF97 to customers under the following conditions: The vehicle must have been sold in a "useable" property sale (Sale No. is less than 6,000). GL will not issue SF97s for vehicles sold in Scrap material sales (Sales No. is greater than or equal to 6,000)." Terms and Conditions for auction sales at Government Liquidation 5: TRANSFER OF TITLE

One little clause to the above: Vehicles described as "residue" will be provided SF-97s that are annotated "NOT FOR ROAD USE."

Monkeyboyarmy

Tranham.Most likely there will be no year of manufacture.You will have to go by the contract,which is usually '93 and then estimate when it was completed.Contact the logsa help desk and ask for the vehicle registration program.Give them your serial number and governm,ent registration number.This is their reply to me :Greg,
I found the vehicle and I have the same data that you provided
NSN,RE_NUM,SERIAL_NUM and an owning UIC of WPWZF0 but the year of
manufacture was never provided. The sister records having the same
reg_num sequence have year of manufactures of 1965,1994,1995 and 1996
with 1995 appearing the most. I hope this helps some.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contract year is not always a good guess. The contract year on my truck was 93, but everything has 97 rebuild years on them.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
CARNAC can provide you with the year once your know the serial number. To find the serial number. Lay your body across the drivers (left) side front tire. There on the frame at @ 10 oclock there are numbers stamped into the frame. If you cannot see them, rub your hand along the frame until you feel the indentations. That is where you will get the serial number, and not off of the data plate. I do have 1 truck with it on the data plate. Now I have a truck that was also 2 trucks at one time since the data plate info does not match the ID number.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do not have to recovery the truck, just get the EUC cleared and invoice paid.
This statement does not agree with the SF97 application instructions on the GL website. The first line of instructions clearly state the vehicle must be removed from the site first.

mhassett, are you saying the GL site rules do not need to be followed? Please explain.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks