• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 Parts Wanted

dam88

I brought home another mil truck, this time instead of a CUCV I returned with a 1968 M715 in the guise of a VFD Brush Fire Truck.:-D

She runs and drive and has a 500GPM pump driven off the crankshaft. :razz:

Couple of questions and requests:

Does anyone known about this type of pump (I'll get particulars shortly)?
I looked for the manuals in the resource section but maybe I'm blind - I couldn't find them.

Parts Request:

Windshield.
Rear pintle hitch.
Passenger side roll down window.
Canvas top (new or used)
Tail lights (two please)
Tailgate and pins

That's all and she roadworthy. I'll get hthis one inspected and drive it. Oh, and the siren has yelp and whine - either capable of driving the neighbor hood dogs insane.:evil:.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the 715 Saga.

PM your email and I will send the manuals to you.

You may want to post your wanted items on M715Zone.com

You will find almost every question you have has been asked and answered there.

I can tel you tailgates are one of the hardest things to find. Some guys have just made their own.

Warthog

Barrman

Take a trip over to Bowie and see Mark at Rapco:

Rapco Parts Company

Call him first about what you are looking for. He has a lot of M715 stuff, but not enough to advertise about if that makes sense.

After that, the usual sources such as AB Linn, Antelope Valley, Snake River, Saturn, Memphis and VPW

KsM715

Check with some VFD's aroound your area sometimes you might get lucky and find they have scrap piles with parts removed from the trucks they receive. Ask me how I know:wink:.

dam88

Pictures of M715 Brush Truck coming Home

If things went as planned (they usually do) you should be able to see pictures of my return from Georgia to Texas with truck #7 - a 1968 Navy Contract M715. the pictures are of her in tow behind my M1028. :-D

Just out of curiosity, anybody still have the M715 SN list? And how many Navy contract M715s were there produced? I need to take a picture of that data plate . . . :roll:

She runs and drives, siren and rotating beacon all work.
Siren has two settings: wail and yelp. :twisted:

I did manage to get it hung in gear after circling the neighborhood a few times with lights and sirens. And after removal of the top of the tranny got it to go into just one gear at a time. Going to need to R&R the top cover of the tranny as that is supposedly the cause of my grief (truck blocking both my driveways).

Cheers.

Attachments

Barrman

The 101A2 gets pulled behind the M715 and the Suburban. It is all painted up and pretty now, so not getting rid of it. Yes, it is 8 lug.

fasttruck

Pump sppears to be a 500 gpm centrifugal water pump that could be supplied either at draft through inlet in center of impeller or from water tank in rear of truck. Also one of two discharges (on top) appears to be used either to fill the tank off the pump or to supply a rear discharge. Pump probably not a military item, f.d. May have parts book etc.

bcowanwheels

leo p[orter in dallas-ft.worth area has most of what you need. i have a set of stock tail lights but ii highly recomend hummer-m35 ft.& rear lights for better visability.
bob
423 384 8938

dam88

Thanks for the head's up on he parts, I've sent PMs to several of you. The pump on the front of the truck is connected directly to the front of the crank - definitely not military, but hey, not many of them around!:-D

It appears the water needs to recirculate to & from the rear tank while the engine is running, I can reverse the direction to pump or suck depending on need, but there appears no way to stop the pump (always on) so I have temporarily disconnected the front driveshaft off the crank.

More breaking news and photos of the m149 400gal tank trailer for "in yard" fire fighting!:p

Major Matt out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks