• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haffies! 1 of 2

roadkill150

Shame that this forum says Pinzgauers.. It really should be labeled Steyr-Puch!

Being that i don't have control over posting images as they all get shuffled into a mish-mash thumbnail viewer series, i am breaking this post into two.. I've got a couple Haflingers. The first one here is a 1968 long wheel base. A bit more HP and seating for 4.. I drive the heck out of this thing around town. Other than being awesome offroad (stay away with sand with the little pizza cutter tires btw), it is always a snap to park in town. I used to think i got a lot of positive comments with my old mog, well haffies take the cake. If you want to be an ambassador of cute military vehicles.. this is your meal ticket.

Attachments

roadkill150

Haffies part 2. 1969 poly cab

The second part of my post, only because i wanted to break up photos. This is a poly cab haflinger that i recently acquired. it came setup from the factory with Bosch hydraulics and a serious snow plow. I'm really looking forward to playing with this one more in the winter months. I'm including shots of it with and without the plow, along with the hydraulic disconnects. It only took about 5 minutes to unbolt the plow. We will see if i can get that sucker back on in under 30 once the snow starts coming again :p

Attachments

roadkill150

Looks like an Army Cushman to me. I'll stick to Jeeps and Mules.
Man.. that is like comparing a tricycle to a harley! Haflingers sport portal axles, independant suspension, on the fly 4wd, selectable front and rear lockers. Incredibly capable offroad and 50 state street legal. :razz:

picture is a haffy + various other euro stuff at the nwmf 07

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man.. that is like comparing a tricycle to a harley! Haflingers sport portal axles, independant suspension, on the fly 4wd, selectable front and rear lockers. Incredibly capable offroad and 50 state street legal. :razz:

picture is a haffy + various other euro stuff at the nwmf 07

Okay, maybe I was unfair. Let me recant my previous statement, and make this one.

The Haflinger is the perfect street-legal pickup for a Prius owner.
:razz:

Good luck if you get into an accident with a large vehicle, or a truck, on the highway. I'll keep my deuce, thanks.

roadkill150

Okay, maybe I was unfair. Let me recant my previous statement, and make this one.

Good luck if you get into an accident with a large vehicle, or a truck, on the highway. I'll keep my deuce, thanks.

Hmm prius is a better comparison at least that cushman. I'll take whatever concessions that i can!

As far as highway travel, The only way you'll see the haflinger is if it's in tow. I only use it on surface streets/ in town. The same places you'll get run over as a pedestrian ;-)

A "highway mode" shot for maddawg and if i can't get outta the way of a deuce, there is something wrong!

Attachments

Russ

Don't abuse my older little cousin, even if he is a runt. Haffies do more per pound (Kg) than ANY other human toting MV on the planet!

bulldawg

OK, I have my Prius so now where is my Halfinger? Such a capable little machine I wish I did own one.

mog1218

Shame that this forum says Pinzgauers.. It really should be labeled Steyr-Puch!

Being that i don't have control over posting images as they all get shuffled into a mish-mash thumbnail viewer series, i am breaking this post into two.. I've got a couple Haflingers. The first one here is a 1968 long wheel base. A bit more HP and seating for 4.. I drive the heck out of this thing around town. Other than being awesome offroad (stay away with sand with the little pizza cutter tires btw), it is always a snap to park in town. I used to think i got a lot of positive comments with my old mog, well haffies take the cake. If you want to be an ambassador of cute military vehicles.. this is your meal ticket.

Roadkill150 you are so right!

My Haffie attracks WAY more attention than my Mog. Not to mention attractive women;-) which the Mog rarley does. It is an amazing vehicle that can go places usually only a 4x4 quad can go. I also enjoy driving it as grocery getter, but stay away from the mom's in their Tahoe's yapping on the phone....

I never been on sand but will heed the warning.

Attachments

No.2Diesel

Wow this thread has really picqued my interest....This vehicle would be perfect for my short commute and for around town etc. I was considering mini-jap truck but this thing is awesome...(and is exempt from modern DOT , emissions BS) Its like a baby Pinzgauer :wink:

uhhh...I want one now god dam it! :p :hammer:

- top speed is 50mph
- payload cap. is 500kg (1,100lbs.)

Please keep the info & pics coming:-D

Green_gator

I like that and it beats the heck out of the SMART cars for looks. It would make a great addition to a deuce with a lift gate. Kind of like the off road version of a yacht having the tender for going to shore.

mog1218

Haffies make a great tender!

I like the liftgate idea.

We loaded my Haflinger by driving the Mog into the obstacle course at Northwest Mogfest and then drove the Haflinger right in while the Mog was in a hole. A lift gate would make unloading alot easier or you can get really stuck and drive it right out the back :shock:

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

With the Haflinger we have to consider several points of view!
First: What is the Haflinger made for? Carrying supply in alpin environment. Or simply said: Beer carrying capacity on the smalest possible surface. It beats every Deuce.
Second: Size of the driver: A Deuce is designed for a driver of max 6'3", which is about 1 m 88 cm. I am 197 cm tall and can drive a Haflinger without bending my bones to some irregular configurations. Just get into the micro truck and thats it! (Which I did just on Friday!)
Third: Crash safety. The Hafilinger was built in a time when chrash safety was not the main designe target. By the way, it is a COE or forward controll designe, even the engine is mounted to the rear. The chrash requirements do not apply for this vehicle! And, if you like, you allways find something big enough to crash the vehicle you just use. Any truck is no match for a 4 wheel drive 9000 Series John Deere or a Case Steiger or howerver brand it might bee in that category!
Fourth: The fuel economy is much better than the Deuce. The tank is smal for it is not intended for interstate use. For nowadays understanding it is good as a mobile shopping bag. And there it is unbeatable due to almost needing no parking space. You can compare it with a John Deere HPX Gator or a XUV Gator or simelar. I would prefer a Hafflinger!
Wolf

Wolf.Dose

Sorry, nothing new. At the last meeting in January this year it was that cold that the batteries in the electronic camera said good by after 1 pic. May be later this year after Schmittenhöhe and Luxembourg.
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks