• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97 for TX Trailer?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just tried to get a SF97 for my M116A2 Genset trailer and the GL site said there was nothing in the sale that required a SF97. Any TX folks license their trailers without one?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cut off for non title trailers in Texas is less than 4000 lbs GVW. So, at 3/4 ton capy, that is 1500 lbs, and say 500 for the empty weight, you are at 2000. You do not need a SF97 for registering the 116. Me, I am picky and want proof I did not steal it. I would fax in a SF97 request (the online form won't let you force fill in) anyway, and put on the cover sheet your reason for wanting a SF97. GL will send you one anyway and then you have proof for your records.

Texas Manny

I went to register my new M101A2 in San Antonio. Although the trailer was under 4000, the tax office wants it titled. Since there was a serial number on the trailer, all they required was that the bill of sale have the serial number and the weights of the trailer included. I don't know what would happen once the processing started. I have a SF97 on the way. It is in the previous owners name. I will check to see if there is a place to sign off the trailer to me on it, or if he has to register it first, get a title, then sign it over to me. I too would like a proof of purchase and ownership. A title is the only sure document to show proper ownership.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks