• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pick up at wright-patterson OH

trooper632

Hey all, EUC just cleared on my M817, Did anyone else get one of these from up there. If so did they start or what where any problems, I know each one will be different but i talked with the GL rep. from there "Dave", and he said he had no way of enev "jumping" the vehicle if the batteries were dead. I thought most of these places would at least give a jump start or a push so you could load them on a trailer. How is a driver supposed to load one up if he cant get any help with a jump start. Also is this a 2 or 4 battery truck. Any help would be appreciated.

trooper632

Does anybody live in the area that could poosibly meet my driver there on pickup day, looks like tuesday the 26th, or maybe go by an see if the truck will start with a jump, I will pay something for your time if you can help, thanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Closest person to give it a jump might be JW4x4 but you would have to PM him. Not sure if he's checked out on the 809 series, I know I'm not!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm about 12 miles from the site.

I believe the 817 has the Cummins 250 in it and that it uses 4 batteries.

I'm not checked out on an 817 but I wasn't on the Deuce either when I drove it 350 miles on my first recovery.

I may be able to help out or I can get my Brother to help you.

Just let me know.

steve

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forgot about you over there Steve. I shoulda hollered at you when I was up a couple of weeks back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks