• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

inspection at Bowie tx, Hooks

trooper632

won a m818 at Hooks, texarkana Tx, is anyone close to check on the truck for me ie, see if it starts (maybe with a jump) EUC at battle creek right now. any help is appreciated.

Isaac-1

Sorry, no help on the inspection, but here are a couple of tips on the pickup, I have been there twice to pick up auction items over the last year or so, most recently in march. All auction pick ups must go through the commercial truck entrance, and the process can take a while, park in the big gravel lot with all the 18 wheelers, go into a building stand in line with license, insurance, etc. get a badge, sign off that on no prohibited items, turn off cell phone (if it has a camera), etc. then jockying your way into line with the BIG trucks in a free for all, biggest, bravest goes first that inches along through the inspection (mirrors under vehicles, open the hood, etc) gates. The last time I was there I drove up after work one night (4.5 hour drive) spent the night at the New Boston Holliday Inn Express (note nice place, no trailer parking, had to park in the fire lane) had a 9 am pickup appt, the commercial gate opened at 7 am, I was there by about 7:30, made it through the gate at 3 minutes before 9 there must have been 30-40 trucks ahead of me.

Ike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks