• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 starter problems

86cucv

my m1009 will start sometimes and then other times i turn the key and i get nothing all the lights come on but no start, but if i keep turning the key it will start. I check the the starter relay and everytime i turn the key the relay click and i checked the purple/white wire when turning the key and it gets power.

My other question is my gen 2 light stays on at idle but goes out when i give it gas and the comes back on at idle and my vot gauge reads in the yellow at idle but when i rev up the enging it barely goes into the green. everything was working fine i have had the alternators and starter rebuilt and i am still having problems.

Boxdoc1960

My gen2 light stays on when I first start as well. Once it's up to speed she turns off and stays off. The volt meter also just goes just into the green. It doesn't seem to be a problem. I'm not sure which is which but one Gen charges one battery and one charges both. Go to the CUCV forum and click on the FAQ articles.

Cucv - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

At the back of the Intermediate maintenance manual are all the electrical schematics.

Hope this helps.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks