• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this thing?

Iron7

I have 4 of these units and haven't a clue as to what they are or used for? Any ideaas? They're gutted out boxes, just an empty shell. Thought someone could use these on their rat rig displays. Thanks.

Attachments

bender108

Gentlemen...
That is a KG-84C aka Dedicated Loop Encryption Device or DLED. It was used with
a J-2024 in the GRC-122 and GRC-142 RTTY radios.
Does the KG-84C have 3 large connectors on the rear panel? The top connector should be labeled "J1 Power".
I have a shock mount for the KG-84 and J-2024 but I do not know the MT- number.
Regards,
C. Webb

Bearclaw

Yur close

with the RTT rig reference. Believe these were some of the pluck and chuck boxes for the old Army/Navy Single Side Band AM rigs we used in Northern Germany along with TACSAT for backup classified comms for you know what. Obselete now and good riddance. High powered 360 degree emitter that made you an extremely juicy target.

Iron7

Myyy goodness men! That's a lot of good info out there! You've impressed me! I feel like "Kronk the Kave man" now, lol. Well, if any of these 'door stoppers' would make someone happy, contact me if you'd like one, price is cheap, I promise. Amazing what they toss out, isn't it!
I was thinking these were plain old 40 watt anti-matter defrombulation collumators. lol. Thanks again for the info men, I appreciate it.

CharlyArmy

It is the Illudium P38 Explosive Space Modulatorrrrrrr (you have to draw out the r)

Where's the kaboom, there should have been an earth shattering kaboom, ah, that creature has stolen the space modulator.:roll:

Iron7

LMAO! You guys are a bunch of funny Americans for sure! hell, I figured they were door stoppers or something? Maybe a boat anchor? I got it...a fishing weight!

Iron7

Wow...I have no clue whatsoever friend. I think one of the folks on this thread could answer that better than me. To me, it's a grey box and that's it. lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks