• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bumper mounted vise

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The vice mount that was on my pipeline was fabbed and poorly too. IIRC, there was either an MWO or just a standing order for the vices to be moved to the front bumper area on the 5 ton wreckers. Again, don't know if item was stocked or to be fabricated. I'll fab one up for my wrecker one day.

Dieselsmoke

I know the vice mount on the 5 ton wreckers was a fab job. I may still have one running around here somewhere, nobody wanted them so most of them found there way to the scrap yard (I really hate doing that).

spicergear

As soon as I find the right vise I'll be fabbing up a plate that will insert behind the front front bumper in it's 'kicked back' area to make a sturdy mount. ...just looking for the right size vice, many times I could have used it already.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
For what little it is worth, every bumper mounted vice I have ever seen on a 2.5 or a 5 ton, have all had homemade mounting brackets.

mangus580

Back in our 'Mud Runnin' Days, we made a vice on a reciever hitch tube. Was REALLY handy for doing u-joints on the trail :)

Maybe incorporate something like that...

Dieselsmoke

If you look in my photos I took a pic of the vise mounting plate that I finally found. This is the same one that's on my buddys wreckers. I'll get a pic of the ones mounted on his wrecker but that won't be until around April/May when the snow melts at his place.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, I must really be stupid. I've looked at every album in there and I can't find yours Bill. Can anyone figure out a link or show me where its at? I found my album, and a bunch more. If there's a second page, I have no idea how to get there. I feel like a complete idiot here!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just looked again. there are 28 albums there and not a one looks like Dieselsmoke. Man am I a sad individual!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks