• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

151 tire size

Warren Stevens

Hello list,

I am new and this is my first posting. I would like to know what is the largest size off road type / military or nato type tire I can put on a 151. My question isn't about the rubber hitting the fendors, but I am concerned about the differential turning a larger wider tire. I don't want to start breaking things like geras, U joints, etc.
Any name brand or source for recommended tites would be appreciated as well.
Thanks,
Warren

papercu

Don't think that stock 4 cyl has power to break anything like that. Ford rims will fit and I've had a M151 with the tires so wide that the fender lips was cut so the tires would go under them and had no problems. Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks