• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Collusion

Divemaster920

Banned
My thanks was too DR. GREG....I did not see an attempt of "Collusion" in the post of DoctorCheney. But with that said, I was going to post Auction and Lot # later to let others know that I was bidding on it.
When I bid I do intend on a Preview and only Bid on what I want. My Thanks to DR. GREG, now I will not get my "chops" busted.
I apoligize to DoctorCheney223 I was not trying to say that he was "Collusioning"
Thanks
Curtis

If we could get some clarification from the mods here, I think it is a really fine line about what is ok to talk about regarding auctions and what isn't. I remember starting a thread regarding an e-Bay auction (because there is an e-Bay page) and some weren't too happy, others didn't mind. In my opinion, the rule should simply be, you do not talk about something that is up for auction, GL or e-Bay, unless the auction is over. No questions, no comments, nothing. That way there would be no confusion.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Basicly, if the auction is coming up or active, DON'T POST about it. Once its over, its fair game. Thats the easiest way to remember.

area52

Basicly, if the auction is coming up or active, DON'T POST about it. Once its over, its fair game. Thats the easiest way to remember.

Unless its your Ebay auction,

Unless its something "rare and unusual"

Unless your a new person and did not read about not posting about auctions

Unless.....

yeah:roll:

I wish SS would just not allow postings about any active auctions at all to avoid all of this!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
ebay auction has a place...or put in classifieds
rare and unusual...classifieds
new person...read the new person stuff...it's there for all to see

Is there something I missed? Or are the rules fairly clear?

DoctorCheney223

I posted in the other thread about not meaning to cause problems on the board. I did read the rules and felt the post was ambiguous enough to not cause problems but I can understand the situation here. One of the forums I belong to you don't get a second chance if you don't follow the rules to the letter or step out of your lane.

The collusion comment initially did strike a nerve when I first read it. The term collusion in my "real life" ;-) means somebody is facing indictment or their license is soon to be in jeopardy.

I appreciate the heads-up and hope to learn quite a few things from you gentlemen.

thanks,
Ron

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I guess I don't fully understand what is and is not okay to post regarding auctions, I now post nothing about it. Seems to keep me out of trouble :-D
I agee 100%. Everything is out there to be found and if someone is interested they can do a search just like everyone else. And that includes eBay whether it's your item or not.

Sephirothq

If I have an item on ebay for sale I will post it.

Most times when I sell something I have a reserve on it so it is not like someone will steal it for a $1 anyway.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand that it is OK to post info about an item that is on ebay, but I don't understand why you can't post info about an item that you have for sale that is NOT on ebay. The only difference is one is on ebay and one is not. How does listing an item on ebay change something? Is it because a person should have the right to generate interest in their auction? If so, I can understand that point. If anything, I think it makes more sense to allow either people to post anything they have for sale regardless of where it is (my preference) or things that were not on ebay. As was stated above, ebay can be searched, but there is no way for people to know you are selling something other than posting it in the classifieds. I don't think everyone looks through the classifieds. I rarely do. I know people who never do.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You really should check the classifieds! I got a brandy new set of hemtt bows for $125. The deals are out there. You must not have "the bug" as bad as the resat of us Bruce!

rofl:funny:rofl:stir pot:

GoHot229

Come on guys, you know when you cross the line, something starts caniving inside your mind. Sure we want to get the lowest, or highest price acordingly, but to take unfair advantage is wrong and you know it, you feel it. For many this is a moot point, but that small % that work it their way, well we all know someone of that charactor, and usually dont deal with them. It's called greed, and typically dose'nt set well with the honest guy or gal. 2cents

DoctorCheney223

You really should check the classifieds! I got a brandy new set of hemtt bows for $125. The deals are out there. You must not have "the bug" as bad as the resat of us Bruce!
I did a brief search in the classifieds but I still haven't been able to pick up my first vehicle yet. I don't know what I am going to need yet. Also, I am trying to keep the purchases somewhat local so I don't spend 3x the amount on shipping as I do for the vehicle.

As for the bug.... I got it :oops: My sister who lives in Chandler, AZ told called me last night to tell me that one of her accounts here in Las Vegas is looking to get rid of his "Army truck". I hope to get check it out this weekend :grin:

thanks,
Ron

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks