• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where are you staying for the 09 GA Rally

FM5332FF

Where are you going to stay for the 09 Ga Rally? Im not sure where I will be staying as of now, I will be coming from SW FL and most likely will be driving my bobbed deuce with a 105 trailer behind it. Where will you guys be staying?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be shacking it at Durhamtown Plantation. They have camp sites for tents to motorhomes. They also have permanently placed RV trailers for rent as well as some cabins. Last year we stayed in Mallards Nest One. It's not the Hilton but cozy and sufficient for a bunch of MVers. Check out the 09 Rally Thread for a link to Durhamtown and what they have to offer. I had a grand time and if I can, will show up Wed or earlier. You can also pay for a tent site (Cheap) and camp right out of the back of your truck. The Plantation is really an ideal place for this event.

poppop

The wife and I sleep in the back of my M813. It has two air beds, table and chairs, potty chair for night duties and a 110 volt converter for what ever needs to be run. After being real cold one night last year I now have a tent heater to break the chill. We put up a canopy tent beside the truck for our cooking and visiting area. The Wife misses the shower but Kenny was kind enough last year to let her use his cabin. Decide how primitive you want to be and come on. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My route will most likely be the turnpike to I75 to Macon then rte 129 to Union Point. On the way back I may convoy with Lloyd and take US 1 south and follow that through SE GA and visit with Papercu as I did last year.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gang, I just reserved Mallards Nest 1 for Oct 21 thru 24. When I booked this Mallards Nest 2 (Adjoining Cabin) was still available. The cabins went kinda fast last year, get one reserved while you can, it can be canceled 7 days prior to arrival.

oilcan

I planned to throw a cover on the 105 I had with me last year, but it didn't get unloaded in time. Instead, I set up the cots in the HQ GP medium and konked out with the flaps up.

I don't remember being cold. :wink:

FM5332FF

Are you taking your deuce kenny? we might be able to link up some where along the way north, im taking I75 straight up, I believe im going to link up with walter some where in tampa that is if everything works out..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be driving a deuce of some sorts for sure. Probably my cargo truck. Can't make trailer plans yet.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
im trying to go, if i do im just going to tent it, tried the sleeping in the seat of the truck thing at the 07 rally, not again to many sharp things that poked

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Might have some extra room in my kitchen tent if the GP medium is full up. Hope you don't mind a "little" snoring. ;-)

Big CASE

Hey all. I need the dates for the rally .. I like to go .. I need dates & times I would be coming out of Daytona Beach I can meet up on I-75 by SR 40 , and I have my M35-A2 and M104-A2 and maybe a 6x6 amphibious ....

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Big Case,
Go to the rally forum and read Clinto's first post for the 2009 rally - it's all there, including the dates (Oct 22-27 or thereabouts - it's Thursday through Sunday morning the weekend before Haloween).

Sevo

Big Case,
Go to the rally forum and read Clinto's first post for the 2009 rally - it's all there, including the dates (Oct 22-27 or thereabouts - it's Thursday through Sunday morning the weekend before Haloween).
mike are you coming to it? We need to convoy down if so. But I will be leaving on Friday instead of Thursday.

let me know

vinny-socom1

Kenny, I spoke with Chris today about the Rally I'm not sure if I can make it due to my sons due date is Aug 1st, I'm not sure how the wifes going to feel by then. Anyway I offered Chris, Walter and anyone else a place to stay at my house the night before to cut down on the drive time your welcome to stay I have plenty of room, you just might have to bunk on an air matress/cot. If I can make it I'll convoy up with everybody then just noy sure yet. Just let me know.

Bigcase if your coming accross sr40 I'm off of sr200 just south so theres plenty of places to me up.

Vinny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks