• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NC lUharrie Mid Atlantic Rally 1 month count down

stampy

This is the OFFICIAL ONE MONTH COUNTDOWN! Below are some helpful suggestions for you of things to bring, rules and general info we want you to know. Neil and I may add to this as we get closer! We can't wait to meet you all.

STUFF YOU WILL NEED!
1 Any camping gear you might need. tents,chairs,lanterns, flash lights, what ever, BUG SPRAY! Any thing you or your family might need, including recovery gear for trail rides

2 Breakfast and lunch for 2 days. drinks, coolers, ice for Friday - Sunday. Any type of snacks also. Some drinks will be there as long as they last. Hopefully We will have some ice donated too.

Directions :

1 Check in is 3 pm (FRIDAY) sooner if the sites are empty.

2 From US 220/I-73/I-74 exit Bisco ,hwy 24/27, go through Bisco and Troy. Look for Bo Jangles on the right in Troy. Turn RIGHT on Hwy 109 bypass at Bo Jangles. just a few miles 109 bypas and business merge just over railroad crossing follow to the left at stop sign. follow 109 approx. 10 miles. Don`t be fooled by the big sign for the park . Stay on 109 a little further.

3 Turn left on SR 1154 ( Mullinax RD). just past a BP on the left.

4 Approx. 1.3 miles turn right on SR 544.

5 Approx 1.5 miles turn right on SR 597 . This is a gravel rd.

6 Watch for SR 597A should not be far.

7 There will be a fork in the road leading to another camping area for other campers.

8 Take the Rt fork the group camping area will be on the right. It will sneak up on you and is a sharp entrance.
Home Sweet Home for 3 days:grin:

3 NOTES:

1 While on 109 a land mark will be a BP station on the left. This is where you need to get you permit for trail riding If you plan to trail ride.

2 Neil will try very hard to mark each turn starting at Mullinax Rd with a small American flag with a piece of "PINK" survey tape POINTING the direction of the turn you need to take.

3 This is a Federal Park. no alcoholic beverages. however; if you have it hide it. i have no idea if or how often a ranger will make their rounds.
:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

stump

Federal park also means no guns. That goes out for the people who dont break the law. criminals will always have guns . Yes I have guns but wont bring them.

kaiser715

Federal park also means no guns. That goes out for the people who dont break the law. criminals will always have guns . Yes I have guns but wont bring them.
This is a National Forest, not National Park. In NC, carry is allowed on National Forest land. The problem is, all of Uwharrie is gamelands, which currently carries a limitation during closed seasons to carry of max .22 with 7.5" barrel....but with the following exception:

The following exceptions, however, should be noted:
- Possession is allowed on field-trial and designated target shooting
areas and in camping areas for defense of person or property.
- 22-caliber pistols with barrels, not greater than 7.5 inches in
length and shooting only short, long or long rifle ammunition,
may be carried as side arms on game lands at any time, except
by hunters during the special bow-and-arrow and muzzleloading
firearms deer hunting season.
source: http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg02_regs/2008_09_Gamelands.pdf

Typical for NC law, there is a lot of ambiguity. Like, what constitutes a "camping area", as you can camp just about anywhere in the UNF. (and, btw, NC law doesn't allow deadly force to protect property, guess the Wildlife Commission doesn't know that.)

Anyway...clear as mud. Whether you are legal to carry or not probably depends less on the law, and more on what an individual ranger thinks is the law. Like Stampy sez... unless you want to find out the hard way, or do more research... well, just don't ask, don't tell.

BTW, on July 1st, the .22/7.5" restriction goes away:

See page 8, item H29 on this .pdf: http://www.ncwildlife.org/Documents/proposed_regulation_actions_0309.pdf

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
rottiedog what do you mean trail site ,,camping or trail riding ? We have the camp sites reserved. You need a permit but I`m thinking the trail choice is up to you. there is one trail the ATVs have to use.

rottiedog

I was part of a Jeep group and we did a trail cleanup. There were sites along a lot of the trails. Don't remeber the names of the trails.

I'd like to stay with everyone but knowing me, I am going to be late and just wondering if URE still has the sites along the trails.

GoHot229

Upcomming Events : GoHot229 here, I also am in contact with Neil Hendrix and Stampy and covering some things of interest and clarification on the "Upcomming Events page." Is there in the dirrectons, a 'MAPQUEST' location that we could punch in?

Last edited:

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ahead of time I want to thank Rod ,CMVPA , for Friday night food and Rich ,GoHot for cooking all day on Saturday. Those shoulders take a while.

Thanks Neil

DeuceNewb

uwharrie has a shooting range off of one of the main road. So you can go target shooting if you desire. Also, off of all the trails are primitive campsites you can camp at. All that means is a fire pit and it's clear, little areas....some big enough for a few deuces to park at and some only 2 jeeps could fit at. Just whatever you do, don't run daniel with a deuce, it will scare you and probably rip off your steps. It also has many tight turns that will be very difficult in a deuce.

mdog

The shirt and cap look great. Put me down for one of each. I hope to come spend the day Saturday if the sun comes up, the creek don't rise, and I don't have to work. I answered the polls for head count and vehicle count(I am trailering my jeep) and I think yall picked a great location. Been camping and hiking there and can imagine there are some great MV trails.

Ric

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
There is also lots of info on the EVENTS threads on the forum.

Food furnished on Friday and Saturday evening. We will figure fees for the camp sites and food when we get there once we know who spent what. Anything you would like to bring extra to share would be great.

Bug spray,tents,chairs,flashlights,lanterns ,snack food, breakfast food for Saturday and Subday, gen sets,. What ever your family thinks they will need.

Feel free to add any ideas you may have .

Thanks Neil

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Greetings folks 1 week to go. great news. breakfast will be prepared on Saturday and Sunday by SEVO, Chris, from Colunbia S.C. So please PM Stampy or myself if you are coming and the total number of people in your party / family so Chris and I can get the right amount of food. Also PM us with any questiond you may have.

Thanks Neil

Last edited:

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Driving directions are posted above. on hwy 24/27 turn on hwy 109 at BoJangles wheather you are coming from east ( US220 I-73/74 ) or west ( I-85 Charlotte Concord )

Neil

Last edited:

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey folks Counting down 7 days. We really need a new head count so everbody can get fed. Please PM Stampy or Myself with your total number of folks.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday.

Neil

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Update : We CAN get on the camp sites earlier in the day tomorrow. I`m aiming at noon.
So far The best I can tell we`ll have about 20 folks. If more folks show up and food is an issue we`ll borrow a car,truck,boat,plane or train and go to the store.
Follow 109 out of Troy, Stop at the BP for your permits and maps of the trails. After the BP Mullinax rd on the left and the American Flags on the sign post.

Neil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks