• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF-97 procedures

Larch

I submitted a sf 97 request from the online request form on the GL site. Is there any confirmation under "Your account" or anywhere else that acknowledges that they got the application? (like on the euc). thanks

roscoe

I didn't get anything till 1 & 1/2 months later when I got the title. In the meantime I had checked with my states dmv and apparantly if I had an invoice proving it was purchased from the Fed Gov - I could just apply for a tiitle through the state. I think I will try that next time. Got a Florida title by the way.

3dubs

I tried my invoice in TX and it would not work. How can they charge for a bill of sale. All I need is a bill of sale but the invoice does not have a vehicle description. GL is not on my list of companies with good ethics. But what can you do?

What satates can you get a title without a SF-97?

SGTStewart

I tried in Minnesota, they gave me plates and tags and told me that the title would be in the mail. About a month later, I get a letter saying that I need to send in the SF 97. So now I wait again. At least I have the plates yet.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You can in Alabama but if you want to sell the truck later your choice of buyers is limited.

Ala will not issue a title from a bill of sale for vehicles older than 1976. After that you need a title to register them.
If you bring the GL title from Fla to the MVR they will issue you an Ala title.

Westex

O.K.; I contacted GL today with chat; I submitted my request for Sf-97 on 9-29-09 and they stated thay it takes (approx) 30 days for the title to hit my mailbox. Emphasis supplied. That's what I know at this point.

1qwkgoat

O.K.; I contacted GL today with chat; I submitted my request for Sf-97 on 9-29-09 and they stated thay it takes (approx) 30 days for the title to hit my mailbox. Emphasis supplied. That's what I know at this point.

Same here. Though I submitted mine a few weeks after you. Another waiting game like the EUC. O well I live out of town, my friend with 80 acres lives just down a dirt road from me. So I atleast get to play with the deuce while I wait.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wondering about that "got it in the mail" thing, is that Snail Mail? Do they let you know via E-mail as well?
I will need to let someone know to send my S-mail to me. If they let me know on e-mail I'll know when to have them send it.

It's that "living on the road" that makes it hard to get mail.:? :driver:

LowTech

blybrook

Wondering about that "got it in the mail" thing, is that Snail Mail? Do they let you know via E-mail as well?
I will need to let someone know to send my S-mail to me. If they let me know on e-mail I'll know when to have them send it.

LowTech
It is sent to you via snail mail with no other notification, electronic or otherwise. Hope this helps.

Bill

frodobaggins

LowTech

It has to be signed for... :)

saddamsnightmare

June 29th, 2010.

3dubs:

The Lamar County vehicle office ladies took my "Paid" GL invoice and the DMV paperwork from the local detective and handed me a plate after paying license and sales tax. There's no need for a title on a vehicle 40 years old, and most are assumed not to have one, hence the need for the cop to run the VN and registration No. It saved me from waiting for GL to give me an SF-97 with GL's name on it instead of mine, which would have caused the ladies to have a hemmorage anyway. You can get a title in Texas with the "Paid" invoice as the bill of sale, you just have to match the numbers on the bill to the oil crayon numbers on the truck or trailer body. I explained to the detective that the Army does not use the MFR's serial number to identify the vehicle, but the vehicle identification number instead, usually found on the tongue on the trailers or the hood numbers on the trucks. Just my 2cents worth,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks