• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1 Manuals Wanted

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search Ebay "M915A1", a guy has operators manuals for 10 bucks, I ordered mine a few days ago.

Which lot number truck did you get?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the 9-2320-283-10 Operators in today, it is helpful. I don't know about you guys but I am so looking forward to owning a truck where most parts can be sourced at any heavy truck parts house. Doubt I will need the -20P and -34P books to maintain this big girl.

reb87

I cant find any manuals, they must be all gone...My euc was sent to battle creek today. How bout you guys?

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For any of you with the -10's.What does the M915A1 wiegh?
Weight 19720 Height over horn 115.5" Length 262"

I called Wright-Patterson today asking about loading docks, they say they have one, they say it matches with van trailers but not flatbeds, must mean drop deck flatbed because vans and flatbeds are the same height. Looks like the truck can ride on a flatbed, will be under 13' according to my math.

Has anyone used the loading ramp at Wright Patterson DRMO? The 915's were transported there on flatbeds, that is why the stacks are pulled off. It just makes me nervous about not knowing 100% what is there.

One not happy revelation from the -10: Fuel use: 300 miles from 100 gallons. So, 3 miles per gallon, 3 dollars a gallon, so $1 per mile to operate. At $1.50 a mile to get it hauled, not really worth it to drive her home.

What are you guys planning as far as recoveries?

reb87

I bought the ebay one before I saw your offer J. Thanks for the links its always nice to have a paper manual to look at. Im going to drive mine home from sd 200 miles:-D I havent checked my 915 mileage yet but I bet bobtailing it would get 7-8 mpg. At least better than 3mpg.

TacticalTruck

I've got a source for parts. The rears and wheels are one offs for those trucks. One day maybe I'll finish my M915 but from reports of guys who drove them in service, the A1s are quite a bit slower than the Cats.
Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks