• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL dragging feet on claim

nonpro

I recently purchased a laundry trailer complete with Gen. water pump and hot water heater from Red River and when I went to pickup GL personel had loaded it out 3 days before on to another customer trailer who bought one just like it but it had no gen. water pump or water heater. GL contacted the other cust. and he aknowledged he had the wrong one but refused to return unless I delivered his 2 hours further north at my expense but I refused. Gl personel said there was nothing they can do about it that he would be able to keep mine and I need to file a claim and waite for my money. Its a cut and dry deal but they are dragging their feet on paying.
It also looks like they are saying to us all if we load a item and its the wrong one just keep it and someone else will get their money back.
I am not happy with GL at the moment.:twisted:

dittle

I had the same thing happen with my 105 trailer. Lucky for me the other buyer only lived 30 miles from me and the GL rep said he would deliver the guys trailer to him personally so all I had to do was go and pick mine up. That being said the other buyer tried to talk me out of mine and after seeing the 2 different trailers I understood why -- mine was in better shape.

nonpro

The other person offered me a $1000 to let him keep the trailer with the gen but he only payed $980 for his and I payed $3000. Too big a loss for me.

Blood_of_Tyrants

When you knowingly keep property that is not yours, it is theft. $3000 makes it grand theft. When GL tried to pawn off a lesser value trailer to you, they committed fraud. Threaten them with an investigation by law enforcement and see if that gets them moving.

wsucougarx

I agree w/Tyrants. IT IS THEFT!! I doesn't matter how they got it is still theft. The guy has a trailer unit w/a serial # that he does not have documentation for. When the guy picked it up, I find it hard to believe he didn't notice the difference.

nonpro

I may just have to do that as I am not getting anything out of Az. but "Please be patient as it take time". Im very unhappy at this point to use kind words.

wsucougarx

Let the guy and GL know that you are thinking about seeking legal counsel in the matter and getting the base/local law enforcement involved to see that they think. I guarantee you that things will start moving in your direction:)

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree w/Tyrants. IT IS THEFT!! I doesn't matter how they got it is still theft. The guy has a trailer unit w/a serial # that he does not have documentation for. When the guy picked it up, I find it hard to believe he didn't notice the difference.
I had the exact same thing happen to me with a drill press at Little Creek VA. The guy loaded mine up on someone elses truck. I got there and said, 'this isn't mine.' and showed the pics. GL guy told me I should want this one instead, as it has a stand. But it was missing a motor, and an arm on the feed. I don't think so buddy...

GL guy did call the other customer, who luckily had a shop out in Chesapeake. So I had to deliver his, on my dime, and get mine. The guy was really upset when I got there to swap, said he had the right one, blah blah blah.

Got mine loaded, and went home. Found out the lot number papers had been switched on the pallet. I wonder who did that? :evil: ALWAYS KEEP THE AUCTION PHOTOS!!

Blood of Tyrants- "When you knowingly keep property that is not yours, it is theft. $3000 makes it grand theft. When GL tried to pawn off a lesser value trailer to you, they committed fraud. Threaten them with an investigation by law enforcement and see if that gets them moving."

We should also file a class action suit for all the interest GL is making on OUR money sitting in THEIR bank waiting on an EUC.

The country would be rioting if it worked GLs way in the real world. Imagine you went into a ____mart, paid for a toaster, then they put it up on a shelf and said you could come and take it home after the manager had called your mom to make sure you were allowed to have a toaster...

In a week to 6 months...

nonpro

I was hopeing someone from GL was monitering this site as I am going contact Red River Army Depot Adj. General as to the problem along with the MP's and see what they think about it along with sending a email to GL with the results of my actions. I am ok with not receiving the trailer but its been too long waiting for the refund.

nonpro

I had no problem with driving up to bring the trailer but I had no gaurentee that once I left the base that the guy would give mine back and all GL had to say is he took this one and didn't say he was going to pick up his.
I totally agree with you, the EUC process is a pain it seems as soon as you have the first approved it should be good for future purchases unless you are trying to sell it to another country etc.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can call your local law enforcement and ask them your options- if you have the paid in full invoice, you own the trailer. You can flat out say he stole it, which, by hooking a trailer that wasn't his to his truck, he DID steal it. Whether or not the GL guy 'told' him too, he is at fault as well.

gunboy1656

I dont know much about those trailers, but i assume the parts that are missing are readily noticable. If so then the guy knew from the time he picked up the trailer they loaded the wrong one.. which means he should have known it was grand theft at that point.

Also if i am not mistaken you can involve the police local to him, wether you want the trailer or not, he did it once more then likely he will do it again to someone else.

Boatcarpenter

nonpro, I think that with all the shenanigans GL pulls and then tries to weasel out of I would call the local police in the town where YOUR trailer was stolen from and report it as such. Give them all the names, dates, paperwork that you can and persue it. If the land is Federal but leased by GL, call the Feds. and report it stolen. Don't give GL a moments rest until they or someone gets YOUR trailer to you or at least back to where it was stolen from.
If you just settle for money back or something other than YOUR trailer, then you are enabling GL to continue their sloppy ways.
My2cents and I may also be a little cranky today!!
BC

nonpro

You are so correct I am trying to get hold of the Adj. General on base as this is Gov. Property and several other friends in the military have to me to do this . Thanks for the help.

Avn-Tech

NONPRO,

As a Police officer, If I were called out on this incident, I would have to tell you, it is a business dispute. Your remedy is through the courts.

The problem is, you say the trailer is yours, and he can say the trailer is his. As law enfoircement, we do not take sides. So we refer you to the court to get a ruling that we can enforce.

I know that is not what you want to hear, but that is basically what will happen.

Good Luck
Avn-Tech

nonpro

I agree but if you look at the ID plate on each peice of equipment it has a unique number that is issued by the military and GL onsite personel have said they loaded the wrong trailer but since the person has left the site they cannot do anything about about it. The Adj. General on base has the authority to over rule any person except for the base commander and can get it back. I have agree with GL to receive a refund and will accept it but they are taking their time saying they need time to investigate even though their personel on the site admit to the property being removed by someone else.

Nonotagain

NONPRO,

As a Police officer, If I were called out on this incident, I would have to tell you, it is a business dispute. Your remedy is through the courts.

The problem is, you say the trailer is yours, and he can say the trailer is his. As law enfoircement, we do not take sides. So we refer you to the court to get a ruling that we can enforce.

I know that is not what you want to hear, but that is basically what will happen.

Good Luck
Avn-Tech
Avn-Tech,

I don't agree. This appears to be a case of theft through deception.

The person that received the knowingly wrong trailer could be charged since he knew or reasonably knew that he received the wrong piece of equipment.

nonpro,

Make sure that you also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau about Government Liquidation and their practices.

You have a receipt from GL listing the trailer serial number which establishes the ownership of the trailer to you and not the schmuck that took your trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks