• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Awesome find at Aberdeen!

Mike_Pop

I managed to find an NOS winterization kit for the M422A1 at Aberdeen. The kit includes: all the ductwork, heater exhaust pipe, fuel lines, electrical lines, heater switch box, heater box, canvas doors, canvas side curtains, door frames, and templates for locating the heater and ducts. Unfortunately, the heater and canvas top were missing. Not a problem though, I have complete canvas and doors on my Mite so I will replace that with the NOS canvas in the kit. I also was lucky enough to pick up a heater last year at a yard sale.

I don't know what the kit normally sells for but the guy I bought it from had a $600 price on it. Needless to say, I got it for much less.

Yippee! Now I can drive my Mite in the winter without bundling up!

(Pictures below are the original canvas on the Mite from last year)

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

Hope for you the stuff is in working od´rder, the seals are not dryed out and you realy can use it!
To my expreance for the gas stuff the seals fall leaky in the heater and must be fully replaced by new ones.
Just for your safety!
Wolf

Mike_Pop

Randy...you must have gotten the M116 stuff from one of the better vendors there. :wink:

It was good to meet you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks