• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sc anyone??

the fat pug

Hey if anyone is up aroun fort jackson S.C. and you might have time to look at a truck for me in the next month and a half please shoot me an email.

Recently won a 1965 m35 a2 off of gov liq. But the running condition is unkown. This along with the light switch missing might pose a small problem. I would rather drive it back to daytona beach florida than pull it with my buddies truck. With sc being 6 1/2 hours away it would be a bit of an inconvience. But it someone can check it out and maybe throw two new batteries in it to see if she starts and runs it would set my mind more at ease and help me plan better for our trip up there. I am currently filling out the paperwork for the background check so i have about a month to plan and figure out the details. Thanks.. future duece own
Nate

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the event and lot number? I know people who are at Ft. Jackson all the time, but without an event number and lot, they don't know much about any of them. You could also call Tim (the GL guy there) and ask about it. Might be better to fax him, as he stays pretty busy!

optitrader66

I won one at fort jackson also, and called the gl guy there and he said that you cant drive any of the trucks off of the base even if they run . They have to be towed or trailered. I dont know if i need to call someone else or if this is just the policy at this location ,any input would be helpfull.thanks

mdog

If my memory is correct that is a truck Tim tried to start but had no luck due to a fuel problem he suspected. I looked at all the winch trucks on that sale but skipped #6722 because he had no luck getting it to run. It is not just a battery problem. This is not good news but maybe it is still a simple fix. I would plan for a trailer to pick it up if it was me.

Ric

mdog

Thinking about it some more I think it was 6719 that had the fuel problem. Sorry I am making things clear as mud. The truck with the fuel problem was backed up near the fence and the other truck not running was nearer the middle of the yard. If you saved your pictures that may help.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are pictures of his truck - first 10 anyway. Anyone remember anything?

Attachments

mr.travo

Nate-

I looked at the truck today and it doesn't run. I didn't have any slave cables to really mess around with it. The light switch it there, it's just not mounted. The batteries were dead, but we all know that doesn't mean too much (if any). The truck looks ok. For the price you paid, you got a heck of a deal though. It IS true that FT Jackson policy is to have the vechicals towed off post. Some idoit ran through one of the buildings and FT Jackson came up with this policy.

I would be MORE than happy to help you load it, but I am heading back to Texas for a month of leave on the 18th. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Tim is the guy that runs the yard and I talked to him for a little while. He seems nice and would probably be willing to help you out as much as he can. Looking at the truck I would plan on having it towed/hauled back to your place.

Let me know if I can help you out any other way.

Travis

the fat pug

Damn guys I am impressed and amazed... Ive been part of other forums and blog site dealing with my motorcyle and other vehicle habits but never have i seen the support or help you guys are throwing out . Mr travo i appreciate the lookover and saving me from buying a light switch. I m just waiting now for my EUC to clear.. The wife is practically chomping at the bit to get this thing down here. she doesnt understand the paperwork or the speed the government moves at..

Sevo

Nate-

Some idoit ran through one of the buildings and FT Jackson came up with this policy.
[Cough, Cough] ... FERRO!!! :wink: Gotta love it!! :grin:

I would rather drive it back to daytona beach florida than pull it with my buddies truck. With sc being 6 1/2 hours away it would be a bit of an inconvience.
Nate
Nate,
I live right around the corner From Ft. Jackson. You are correct, it has to be towed off post. I can help you get it towed off the post. We can use some slave cables to try and get it running, but its always a gamble.

Let me know if you need help getting it off. I have every Monday off and that is the day Tim ( GL guy ) loads out. Cant tow it to FL but can get it off the post for you.

congrats on the win... I was bidding against you on that one :D

the fat pug

Ah sevo your the one that bumped me up two more times at the last second. I almost let you have it that last time but the thought of dealing with a nagging wife for another week made me throw that last one in there. After that though you could have had it.

i know im new here but ive notice the start of the "duece into a building " story in some peoples thread and in their avatars.. Is there a thread explaing this or can anyone hook me up with the rundown on what happend sounds like a good laugh
thanks nate

mr.travo

Damn guys I am impressed and amazed... Ive been part of other forums and blog site dealing with my motorcyle and other vehicle habits but never have i seen the support or help you guys are throwing out . Mr travo i appreciate the lookover and saving me from buying a light switch. I m just waiting now for my EUC to clear.. The wife is practically chomping at the bit to get this thing down here. she doesnt understand the paperwork or the speed the government moves at..
No problem. I work 1/2 a mile from DRMO so it's no big deal for me to jump down there during lunch break or in the morning. I will be leaving this week for Texas and will be gone a month, but let me know if there is anything else I can do for you guys. While in Texas I will be about 45 mins from Fort Sam Houston, so let me know if I need to look at some other stuff over there.

Take care!

Travo

the fat pug

ok my euc went through... i was wondering if anyone would recomend a company or person to ship it down to daytona... thanks { or anyone who might be able to get it off base and store it for a little while till il get back off from vacation ...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks