• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin Food

CGarbee

I'm sticking this in it's own thread right now just so that it doesn't get mired in all the other info about the rally...

I'm still planning on cooking...

We had talked about having everyone Paypal me funds before the event so that I would have cash to go shopping, but since Paypal charges a fee, I'm thinking that I could just trust everyone who is attending to bring cash with them and I could collect upon arrival...

Menus:

Wednesday
Supper – Spaghetti with sauce(s), salad, garlic bread

Thursday
Breakfast – Eggs, bacon, grits
Lunch – Sandwich bar (cold cuts, cheeses, lettuce, tomato, etc), chips
Supper – Chicken and Rice (w/celery, onions, carrots).

Friday
Breakfast – Eggs, sausage, cooked apples
Lunch – Hot dogs/sausages, chips
Supper – Low Country Boil (corn, potatoes, shrimp, kielbasa)

Saturday
Breakfast – Pancakes, bacon, eggs
Lunch – Burgers, chips.
Supper - Porkchops, corn/limas, leftover veggies from the earlier meals?

Sunday
Breakfast – Danish?

I'll provide tea and lemonade... Coffee for breakfast is also very do-able.

Give me some constructive feedback and I'll tweak this in the next couple of days, and will then come up with a final menu for the event and firm prices. I'll need to have everything set on Friday so that I can get my shopping, truck/trrailer PM, etc. done in time to take a breath before I head out.

Thanks.

scooter01922

Oh man, i was wishing i could go before i found out you were cooking. Now i'm really kicking myself. Dang that food sounds good.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Menu sounds good to me(except the grits)! :wink:

jw4x4

Overheard at an Indiana restaurant..... "Do they serve grits in Indiana?" "Yes, they will serve anybody. Now hurry up and order."

CGarbee

Since I haven't seen any major complaints about the menu items, I'm proceding on the assumption that everone is ok with that aspect of things... :)

I'm going to swing by my local food distributor's place tonight and will price out the items in the quantities that I'd need to feed everyone that I know is attending. I'll break it down into a per day charge after that...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be there as well and it looks like a good menu to me.

thanks
steve

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to be a pest, but need a price. I have people I'm holding money for that need to know, and have to get food packed.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, Me too.:roll:

CGarbee

Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone on costs... I lost internet here for the last couple of days (dang storm droped a tree on the lines running to the house...

Anyway,
Cranking out the numbers shows that I can do this for $30 each for the Wed-Sunday menu that I posted earlier. I can prorate things for folks who are arriving later, but to be honest, I really need to be cooking for at least 30 for each meal for this to work out...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks