• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Should I buy this? 1956 deuce

DeuceNewb

.wysiwyg { FONT: 12px verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; BACKGROUND: #3a3a18; COLOR: #928f64 } .wysiwyg A:link { COLOR: #e39206 } .wysiwyg_alink { COLOR: #e39206 } .wysiwyg A:visited { COLOR: #e39206 } .wysiwyg_avisited { COLOR: #e39206 } .wysiwyg A:hover { COLOR: #e39206 } .wysiwyg A:active { COLOR: #e39206 } .wysiwyg_ahover { COLOR: #e39206 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle }
Guy tells me its a 1956 deuce n 1/2 and it needs new poston rings and a head gasket. He's already pulled the head but lost interest. Cab is rust free, bed has rust but he has another one too. Winch in front and rear. And it is a gas engine. That's all i know about it.​
It is 6 wheel drive right? and what would your estimate be for what it's worth?

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a WWII International M-5-6, of which open cabs were built 43, 44 and 45. The truck is 100% IH except for the bed which was Gar Wood. The engine is a Green Diamond 318 CID. Used by the Navy and USMC. Not sure what is going on on the back, looks like a set no. 7 wrecker maybe. Should have a cargo bed, dump bed, 5th wheel or specialized bed. They are slow 45 mph, and in demand by WWII vehicle collectors. Parts are tricky to find. Unrestored you want to pay under a grand. It will cost a fortune to do a ground up restoration. 8.25-20 tires alone a 250 bucks a hit and you need 11. But I would buy it if it were down the road from me regardless . . .

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You should buy that IF:

You want a vehicle with more of a historical background than an average M35.
You want to do a full blown, frame up restoration.
You have the facilities, time, expertise, money and tools to do above said restoration.
You want a vehicle that will probably top out @ 45 mph.
You have a place where you can store such a vehicle indoors after it is restored (what's the point in doing a ground up resto and then leaving it outside?).

littlebob

All the above and how much extra cash you have for this project? Your probably looking at a 10K minimum to make it halfway presentable, not even a show winner if thats what you want.

DeuceNewb

well i would not be doing a ground up restoration on it, it would be whatever it takes to get it back on the road and then a quick paint job. I was also considering bobbing it so i can have something different. I am going to look at it tonight hopefully, only problem will be getting it home of i decide i want it.

My thoughts for the back was that maybe it was a septic tank hoist.....but maybe i'm wrong.

DeuceNewb

well sad news.....I can't get it. I just have no way to get it home...its an hour from my house. if anybody wants it pm me and i'll give you the guys number. He wanted $500 but is moving and needs to get rid of it, so i'm sure you can haggle him down like i was going to

6x6guy

I would really consider it just for the parts alone, if didn't live so far away myself- transportation cost alone make it financially prohibited for me. LOL

vj

buy buy

have someone to buy this ww2 truck, this is a collector item. put it over on g503 5 ton and up. that a good deal. it too far for me to buy . thanks vj i got 4 halftracks, ww2 5ton semi. 3 jeep.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks