• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB CX-10613G ( mx-777 power cable)

Sevo

I have my Vic-1 system and really would like to have a mx-7777 hooked up so I have a piece of mind but it seems I may not be able to as this power cord is a pain in the butt to find

If anyone has a spare CX-10613G power cable please let me know or where I may be able to find one. I have contacted all the major suppliers and they are out.

or any suggestions on how I can hook the mx-7777 up some other way, I am all ears

thank you for the help

Last edited by a moderator:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, that's not the right cable. The one you want, from batteries to the MX unit, is indeed hard to locate. Did you ask CARNAC here on the forum....?

dittle

Cranetruck,

What is the difference between CX-13134 cable and the CX-13089/g cable? I can't find a picture or schematic of it online to see if this might help.

Sevo,

Another thing you may have to do if you can't find the next cable is either:

A. Buy the male plug and contacts and make your own cable to go to the battery.
B. Cut the end off the CX-13089 cable you have, put the spade connector ends on it and hard-wire it in.

Sevo

Yeah, that's not the right cable. The one you want, from batteries to the MX unit, is indeed hard to locate. Did you ask CARNAC here on the forum....?

Bjorn,
I did PM him but had not heard back about the cable. He said he may be putting some stuff up soon.

I hope he does have one.. I really would like to get the mx-7777 installed

did you look at the plugs on fair radio? Do you think I could make a cable out of these

https://www.fairradio.com/catalog.php?mode=search&query=7777&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

they are the first 2 on the page.

I don't know a lot about making cables out of these, just a idea.. what do you think?

thanks for the help guys. I appreciate all the input.

randyscycle

Watch out when buying. I bought 3 different cables that were listed as CX-10613's and they were wrong. Luckily they were cheap. Fair Radio does have the ends. (or did about 3 months ago)

I ended up modifying a cable that was similar and then adding two ring terminals to the paired wiring and connecting directly to the battery terminals. For the supressor end, I disassembled the plug, then used a small allen screw to retain the connector, and used a small amount of clear silicone to make it waterproof afterward.

dittle

Chris,

So I'm a little confused now; which cable are you after exactly, the one that plugs into the MX-7777 and then has a 3-pin connector on the other end or the cable that goes from the 3-pin to the batteries? From what I'm seeing if you want the cable that plugs into the MX-7777 itself then you would want the CX-13089 cable as it has then end you need to go in the port that Bjorn pointed out in his picture.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
B. Cut the end off the CX-13089 cable you have, put the spade connector ends on it and hard-wire it in.

That's what I had to do.

Chris, my a-1780 box isn't working anyway, just steal my wiring off the 109 and get yours up and running. I doubt I will figure out what's wrong with mine before Haspin anyway. :cry:

Sevo

Chris,

So I'm a little confused now; which cable are you after exactly, the one that plugs into the MX-7777 and then has a 3-pin connector on the other end or the cable that goes from the 3-pin to the batteries? From what I'm seeing if you want the cable that plugs into the MX-7777 itself then you would want the CX-13089 cable as it has then end you need to go in the port that Bjorn pointed out in his picture.

Dan,

hmmm you may be right, I just looked at it. It looks like it will match up? Bjorn, any input?

That's what I had to do.

Chris, my a-1780 box isn't working anyway, just steal my wiring off the 109 and get yours up and running. I doubt I will figure out what's wrong with mine before Haspin anyway. :cry:
Thanks man! I would like to get my vic going for our recovery to Winder Monday. It would be nice to be able to talk all the way down. Well you may get tired of me talking ;)

thanks for offering it bro!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm pretty sure that's the cable, if you open up the battery box the yellow tag is on the cable still and you can get the number off it.

That's why I offered, so we can talk and listen to tunes on the recovery. :wink:
I'm smarter than the average bear...

BillIdaho

The 10613 goes from a power outlet, such as the outlet box on a Gamagoat, to an MX7777. It will NOT go from the power outlet to an MT1029. That is what the 13089 does.
The easiest way to tell a 10613 is you can take that cable ( AND IT'S THE ONLY CABLE) and screw each end into an MX7777. The 10613 has a Bendix style on one end, and a "GRC" style end, while the 13089 has the Bendix on one end with a "VRC" style on the other.
I have seen 10613's with either a "round" or the "squared off" connector. Same application, just a different housing.
Like mentioned before, you have to be real careful when buying either.
I usually find a few 10613's at Lodi. You have to dig for them.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the cable I had and cut to hook to the batteries you could connect the one end in the back of the Mx-7777 and the other end would plug into and screw down on the two power outputs on the Mx-7777.

dittle

Bjorn,

Sorry I didn't get what you were saying in your previous post, thanks for clarifying I understand now with the other picture.

Sevo

I'm pretty sure that's the cable, if you open up the battery box the yellow tag is on the cable still and you can get the number off it.

That's why I offered, so we can talk and listen to tunes on the recovery. :wink:
I'm smarter than the average bear...
will take a look when I get home tonight at what cable it is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks