• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97 form question-Purchase price

wsucougarx

Got my SF97 for my '88 M35A2C I got last month. One thing that has always made me wonder about and keep forgetting to ask. When looking at the form, I notice that GL puts all the information that WE enter when sending off the SF97. Where does this PURCHASE PRICE come from on the form? It's definately not the price I paid for the truck.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the price GL paid for the truck from the Gov. before the sale. After the sale I think the Gov. gets a percentage of the selling price on top of that figure also.

The only real problem I see with the year is that late model trucks (80s models) are kind of rare and bring a premium compared to others. If you ever sell the truck you could have a hard time convincing someone that the truck is really a '88 when the title says '78.

wsucougarx

The only real problem I see with the year is that late model trucks (80s models) are kind of rare and bring a premium compared to others. If you ever sell the truck you could have a hard time convincing someone that the truck is really a '88 when the title says '78.
Yah, I was thinking about that. However, if the person know's their trucks then they will know. The warranty plate one the dash has a 1988 date. The VIN's of these later model trucks have the year of truck manuf in the VIN. So for my truck it starts off w/ 88XXXXXX etc.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's not the VIN. That's the registration number. The VIN should be 1040-***** for a '88 M35A2C WO/W.

3dubs

Yeah and the cop on the side of the road will know it is not a 78 and you just might end up taking a ride. Unless you like trouble and explaining stuff when in jail you might want to worry more about the year than the price.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A "mismatched" truck is asking for trouble, either with the PD on the side of the road, or when selling it.. "well, it's really a 1988, but the title says 1978"...

Or try explaining that to your insurance company when you need to make a claim.. "Oh, so you lied to us? Claim denied".......

Data plates are easy to fudge, so that doesnt help either..

I'd get it taken care of, and make it all match....

the Purchase Price is what Uncle Sam originally paid for the truck when he bought it...

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the Purchase Price is what Uncle Sam originally paid for the truck when he bought it...
emmado, I took it he was talking about the price on the SF97. That number is usually very low. I think my last truck was something like $300. On paper the Gov sells the truck to GL which in turn transfers the SF97 to the buyer so the price on the SF97 is what GL paid for the truck. As I stated earlier I've been told the Gov gets more money when everthing is said and done than the amount listed.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you can fill with GL and get another form with the correct year... and yes it will cost you another 60 bucks:evil:

usmarines72

Yeah and the cop on the side of the road will know it is not a 78 and you just might end up taking a ride. Unless you like trouble and explaining stuff when in jail you might want to worry more about the year than the price.
LOL, come on now WTF???. I like to give LEO some credit but really let's be realistic. You honestly think a LEO is going to dive into finding out the year of a MV? As far as the LEO is concerned, if you have proof of insurance and the registration matches the VIN and you the driver you are good to go. Some guys like to get carried away!! Are you paranoid or something?

usmarines72

A "mismatched" truck is asking for trouble, either with the PD on the side of the road, or when selling it.. "well, it's really a 1988, but the title says 1978"...

Or try explaining that to your insurance company when you need to make a claim.. "Oh, so you lied to us? Claim denied".......

Data plates are easy to fudge, so that doesnt help either..

I'd get it taken care of, and make it all match....

Why would the insurance company say "You lied to us?" If the date is on the SF97 and he gets the truck titled then that's what it is titled as. How many MV are on the road w/wrong years? If you all want to get anal about this then why not claim the Total Rebuild Date of your truck as the year? That's what they did with the A3's. Just took an old A2 and rebuilt the darn thing and threw in a new year.

Reactions: TJP

ABN173

When looking at the form, I notice that GL puts all the information that WE enter when sending off the SF97.
Not always, I have my request for SF-97 where I clearly entered 1985. The sale listing said 1985, the cucv data plate says MFG 11/85...... However my SF-97 says its a 1986. CARNAC says this:

Organization: TRANSPORTATION MOTORPOOL WAARNG
Nomenclature:TRUCK CARGO 1-1/4T Model:M1008A1 NSN:2320011232671
Serial Number:J8GF336204 Registration Number:NG1UUP Year of Mfg:1986
Manufacturer:93219 Contract Number:grin:AAE07-82-C-4060 Usage Miles: 72604
Info Jun 06
Prior to this the vehicle was with the 2nd Bn 146th Field Artillery, Olympia, Washington

So what's up? Do I have a 85 or a 86, a 85 1/2 maybe? I'm sure the data plate is correct somewhere they have the wrong info on my truck.

Dale

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks