• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

East Bloc vehicles in USA

tamangel

Just curious, in everyones opinion, which brand has better spares/service availability in the USA..or all about the same..? or since they never break, maybe doesn't matter :) ..

ZIL
TATRA
GAZ
URAL
KRAZ

my favorite would be a diesel GAZ66 with box..like this:

[media]http://www.russiantruck.co.uk/images/films/Gaz66-denver.wmv[/media]

Mike W

Tascabe

To be honest - you will likely have to get any spares from overseas.

I have a UAZ 469b and a GAZ69A and all parts I have needed came from the Ukraine, Germany, Poland etc.

There are a few places that can help get them Vermont Unimog and ColdWar Remarketing for example but I am pretty sure they don't stock parts in the US.

For usability in the US you probably want the GAZ66, ZIL or Tatra (assume you are talking 805 series).

The URAL and KRAZ are very large trucks.

I do know there is a KRAZ for sale in Indiana though.

And I think that Vermont Unimogs still has a URAL or two for sale.

If you learn 20 words in Russian, you can use the Russian equivalent of "truck trader". Use google to convert RUR to usd.

Here's an example:

http://irr.ru/advert/52624775/

Ural-4320, manufactured 1992, 60K kilometers on the odometer, RUR 240000 (USD 7877). The guy is even offering some spare parts and diesel fuel to go with the truck.

Heck, if you guys here are serious I can organize a truck shopping trip to Russia. A friend of mine owns a travel agency in Moscow, typically they deal with wealthy Russians traveling abroad, but I see no reason why they would not be able to handle travel in the other direction.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks