• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

s280 shelter removal

oilcan

That's alright I guess, but there are no girls swinging on a wrecker hook the way you're doing it. :wink: You know what I mean!

tm america

wow great fab job can you set it on the ground with your lifting rig:?:looks like you could or close to it:roll:looks like the cylinders can be positioned in several places

alphadeltaromeo

Matt, good to see that the ol' girl is still kicking! Love the modification too...looks like an incredibly easy way to get it removed.

Andy

quickfarms

Nice work. do you have a drawing that you can share or at least tell us the tubing size and wall thickness.

The S280 is supposed to weigh 1400 pounds per the specs.

My S280 weighs in at 1500 pounds at the truck scale before we removed a lot of extra aluminum plate that was in it .

Last edited:

Matt1970M35A

Im happy with it now that Ive added the winches. Im also thinking of adding a crane to the top of one of the rear legs for lifting things like my genset and power cable I use for power when Im out camping. It never fails that I need to load or unload something heavy after I have the s280 in the truck.
So Ive taken lots of pics and working on finding my cad drawings with sizes and building materiel list. Pics i next post

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The new and improved setup from last year worked pretty good. Good thing since I had to borrow his jumper cables to start my NEW ATV every time I turned around.....

Matt1970M35A

2013-06-02 21.12.46.jpg2013-06-02 19.48.37.jpg2013-06-02 19.48.45.jpg2013-06-02 19.47.55.jpg2013-06-02 19.48.12.jpg2013-06-02 19.48.23.jpg2013-06-02 19.48.54.jpg
The leg fits in a socket that can be moved in or out to give clearance for the truck or find a flat place to set. The leg slides free in the socket with a little wiggle room. Dont make it tight or it will bind up if you get out of level. The reason for having so mane holes in the socket is for leveling. I can get with in a 1/16 of an inch by using different holes.
Their are locking bolts on the side were the socket slides in the main frame. They are used to take out any rotational play in the socket to frame.
I remove the socket and legs after its loaded on the truck. The main frame will stay inside the bed of the truck.
Even with the Socket and legs installed its still narrower the the front bumper of a M35

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On second thought it is a pretty crappy setup and you should really give it to me for my shelter.

;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks