• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL just lost another customer.

Dieselsmoke

What a crock this outfit is. I just went to log in to my account and it is suspended. They claim I have a duplicate account. This is the same account I've had for years:evil:
Oh well, I was getting tired of dealing with GL and their bull**** anyhow.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
They are so bad it's hard to tell the incompetence from the bad policies.

Dieselsmoke

Ya know, I've tolerated their crap because I've been in the surplus business for at least 20 years now. But I've had enough, this is ridiculous. Guess it's time for me to change professions.
Lately I've been lied to by several employees of theirs and have e-mail proof of that! Heidi on chat said they never received one of my EUC submissions. So, I sent her the e-mail she had sent me a few days prior. All of a sudden her story changed:roll:
I tried to do everything right with them, don't know what more I could have done. God I miss the DRMO days:evil:

jatonka

I had that duplicate account thing happen to me during the winter. I emailed them and told them I never filed a new account with them and I wanted to know how to track down who did it so I could pay them a visit and GL told me the matter was settled and there was no information available to me. That, If I tried doing another account again they would ban me from bidding. So I can still bid on stuff, if I want to. They are not easy to figure out, that's for sure. JT out

acmunro

If GL had a feedback rating like sellers on ebay I think they would have plenty of negative comments. Some from me just from problems they make. I have had my account suspended twice for non payment when the payments were made days before, I would call every day and their answer would be it was normal for a wire transfer not to show up for 24 hours, and then it was 48 hrs and then 72 hrs and then they didn't have an answer. This has happend 2 times to me. And somehow it just fixes itself - after account is suspended and
I missed bidding. This is just since December 2008. It seems they don't have to answer to anyone for their actions.

dabtl

Any company can make errors. GL is no exception. Every company can have stupid or rude employees. GL is no exception. Finding out how to straighten out the problems with a company that we only have internet connection to is difficult at times.

Currently, I have no complaints. That is subject to change.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a lot of complaints about GL and have posted about them previously. They range from having over $1,200 of parts stolen off a truck while it was in their possession (after I won it)...to a truck being damaged while in their possession...to rudeness...to GL incorrectly charging me tax on trucks that I have purchased (in Maryland, you pay when you register a vehicle, NOT when you buy it)...the list goes on and on. That company sucks. As stated above, for every customer that drops out, another newb is ready to take your place. That is why they do not change their business practices. They have a monopoly.

hoopsoft

Currently, I have no complaints. That is subject to change.
Then you haven't dealt with them much, I don't know anyone that has won more than 3 things and never had an issue.

What is someone is trying to impersonate users on here by registering in hopes of getting their competition suspended so they can get stuff cheaper?

No I'm not a conspiracy theorist, just a thought.

Blood_of_Tyrants

I bought a deuce from GSA, paid for it the same day and received the SF-97 four days later FREE. No buyer's premiums, no EUCs, no $60 for an SF-97 that takes at least a month to get back (which should be provided without extra charge just like a title is), no "lost" EUCs, no dealing with rude employees who don't care.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a deuce from GSA, paid for it the same day and received the SF-97 four days later FREE. No buyer's premiums, no EUCs, no $60 for an SF-97 that takes at least a month to get back (which should be provided without extra charge just like a title is), no "lost" EUCs, no dealing with rude employees who don't care.

Yes but you also bought a deuce that had been used by the military and then used by another agency. If you preview AND get lucky, GSA would be the better bet. From the trucks I've seen coming from GSA, most are trashed and worn out.

The cheapest way to go (usually) is GL. Then you roll the dice with their BS. Private party is more expensive and has hassles if you don't ask the right questions and watch the paperwork. A decent dealer is probably the safest way, but the most expensive. Just find one that will stand behind what they sell. GSA can be low cost and hassle free, but the truck has been around the block with someone else.

Pick your poison - there is no best way. Just depends on your wallet and your tolerance for BS.

tory

yeah, as a corporation GL is wacky and difficult to deal with. :cry: they are a headless jumble opporating under the guise of a master plan. BUT, here in arkanass we have the good fortune of having Sherman on our side. i have nothing but great things to say about this man ! after the two months of "excitment" over paper work and what not i finally got a bill of sale. so i called up Sherman, he jump started my duece and pulled it up onto a concrete pad to facilitate the work i'd need to do. he brought an airline he had made to air up the tires, and a cooler of bottled water and sodas !! (how awesome ?!?!) he was super patient and accomidating. we probably spent three hours tinkering, bleeding the brakes, airing up the tires, etc. he was nothing but helpfull and good natured, giving me a hand when i needed it and answering a million dumb questions ! he rocks ! it's unfortunate not everyone has had such a great representative from GL to deal with.:-D

frodobaggins

yeah, as a corporation GL is wacky and difficult to deal with. :cry: they are a headless jumble opporating under the guise of a master plan. BUT, here in arkanass we have the good fortune of having Sherman on our side. i have nothing but great things to say about this man ! after the two months of "excitment" over paper work and what not i finally got a bill of sale. so i called up Sherman, he jump started my duece and pulled it up onto a concrete pad to facilitate the work i'd need to do. he brought an airline he had made to air up the tires, and a cooler of bottled water and sodas !! (how awesome ?!?!) he was super patient and accomidating. we probably spent three hours tinkering, bleeding the brakes, airing up the tires, etc. he was nothing but helpfull and good natured, giving me a hand when i needed it and answering a million dumb questions ! he rocks ! it's unfortunate not everyone has had such a great representative from GL to deal with.:-D
That is so weird, I just talked to that man about an hour ago. He sounded real nice on the phone. Nice to know he is so helpful.

Then you haven't dealt with them much, I don't know anyone that has won more than 3 things and never had an issue.

What is someone is trying to impersonate users on here by registering in hopes of getting their competition suspended so they can get stuff cheaper?

No I'm not a conspiracy theorist, just a thought.
Many more than 3 things with no issues. Now you know someone.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many more than 3 things with no issues. Now you know someone.
Rat4Spd is close - exactly three things and very good luck indeed. I think his biggest problem with the 4th and others will be with the wife. :)

FrankUSMC

I have bought several trucks and trailers, plus truck loads of "stuff". I have also picked up items for other members. No problems, great guys to deal with. I give the GL guys here a A+.
I have been buying surplus sence the early 70s, so I am not a newbie.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

acmunro

I have never had a problem with picking up items. It's with headquarters. You can call and get an answer, call 10 minutes later get someone else and get a different answer.

Dieselsmoke

I have never had a problem with picking up items. It's with headquarters. You can call and get an answer, call 10 minutes later get someone else and get a different answer.
Exactly. I wonder how many people who replied here read the first post?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the point. It is not necessarily the site personnel, although I have dealt with some rude a-holes. Most of the people you deal with on the ground are decent hard-working folks. However, their willingness to work with you cannot overcome the ramming you WILL take if you deal with HQ enough.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks