• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oversea's DRMO

Munchies

Hello all!
I am stationed in Heidelberg Germany. There is a DRMO 10 min. from here with a 5 ton.
Will a DRMO issue a sf97? What will I get if I buy it, other than a bill of sale? I need a stateside title for it to register it in the USAEUR system for driving here. I should be able to title it in AZ where I am from without issue, but since GL is stateside only, I am a bit lost.

Josh

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been told, but am not sure, that they are no longer selling trucks overseas. I was told that they are being scrapped. As I said, I am not sure...only been told this. Contact them to make sure.

Numbers

Was not aware that someone could actually stuff one of those inside a conex box for shipment home. When shipping out my household goods from overseas to stateside, I was told, if it does not fit in a conex box you can not ship it. I would be more concerned with what your shipment office has to say about shipping the vehicle home than whether it is possible to obtain an SF-97. Might save you some money and a headache.

I know I have seen things larger than a conex box shipped out but usually it is on a vessel of opportunity. My overseas situation might not apply to all locations but it does not hurt to call your shipment office while you are at it.

Munchies

Well i may not bring it home with me. If I do, I know it wont be able to be shipped via TMO, so it will be on me, probably about $1500 port to port.

Logistic's are not a problem. The problem is paperwork.

Search results from the DRMO 5 miles from my house.
(yes. house. AF does not have to live on base here)

Product Search Form for the General Public

I see 5 ton! I am going to make my way there this week.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well i may not bring it home with me. If I do, I know it wont be able to be shipped via TMO, so it will be on me, probably about $1500 port to port.

Search results from the DRMO 5 miles from my house.
(yes. house. AF does not have to live on base here)

Product Search Form for the General Public

I see 5 ton! I am going to make my way there this week.
Oh man!! Now that you posted a link every SS sniper is gonna be after your truck! :)

surfdog

Can you get a stateside title through one of the Title services with just a bill of sale?

Or, if you want to register it in NY, you only need a bill of sale (and one other DMV form that I dont remember the # on) on a vehicle older than 1973. You initially get a nontransferable registration, and then after the Title Services Division runs a serial number check you automatically get a transferable registration in ~ 4 weeks.

New york does not issue a title on any vehicle prior to '73
(whether you have a SF97 or not).

I have registered my last 2 deuces I bought from GL this way without the SF97.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks