• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just got some stuff, now what?

Somemedic

Went to visit a friend of mine at a local city garage and he mentioned they had a wrecker and 2 dump trucks. They still had the radio mounts, antannae mounts, and the wiring. I asked and he said I could have it if I didnt short the truck out.

So I will take a few pics tomorrow and show you folks the goods. I have no idea what to do with it since I really dont want it in my deuce or cucv, just figured I could swap them for something I did need.

Somemedic

I have inventoried the procured items. There are no radios in the lot.

Items are as follows:
1 - 80063-A3014038-3 98-13292/VRC radio to speaker cord,6 foot
2 - 80063-A3014039-4 CX-13302/VRC power supply cord, 5 foot
2 - 80063-A3013367-1 MT 6352/VRC radio mounts with base plate
2 - 80063-A3017899-2 AS 3900A/VRC antenna bases w/ sugar scoop mounts
1 - 80063-ASSYA3018230-1 antenna, bottom section only

Not a bad haul. Looks like regular coax/twist lock antenna wire goes into the bases. Any trades? I really
aint lookin to installing it into the deuce or the blazer since I don't convoy much.

What should I do with them?

Last edited:

BillIdaho

I believe you have the newer "Singars" stuff. The common RT524/RT246/R442 etc, will not work with that stuff. There is a market for it, but it sure isn't as popular as the older stuff. Not yet and not in our circles anyway. I hate to say it, but it is for the most part, too new.

ONTOS66

It could be sold/traded to someone who is trying to put the correct comm gear in a HUMVEE or similar "modern" vehicle.

If no interest in SS, there is always EBAY - someone out there will always buy anything. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks