• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M52A2

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well i spent most of the day dragging a m52 home today. It's pretty much complete, but needs a lot of TLC. The engine tag tells me it's a LDS 465 1A.
Is the lagista site still up? I need to get a peek at some TM's.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys, I couldn't rember how it was spelled eather.
Wick. It will start and move under it's own power. Stopping? well that's dirrerent. You need something really big and solid to hit to get it to stop!
The wiring is a mess. And it's missing the exaust, doors,mirrors and the passenger seat. It's virtualy rust and dent free. There is one good tire. I towed it about 30 miles today and all the gear boxes and spindles made it with out over heating. My main focus is going to be the wiring at first. Does anyone know where i can find a complete harness? It still has the 25 amp generator. I'm going to install a 60 amp altenator asap.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have NOS S/N data plates for the M52 and will engrave same to your needs. PM me if interested.

dg

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll post some pics soon. I'm looking for a M127 for it, Anybody have any leads? 744, How much $?

m.walker

m127

They sold some out of ft riley, ks. some for as little as $600 but you need one closer to you, my friend has one I dont like them much ( too tall ) I drug it back from minn. for him. I'd like to get a dropdeck myself. The M127 are common out this way,Mark

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been watching them on GL, But so far they are all in CA. I don't have a problem going on a road trip, But i'd like to stay with in 1200 miles of home. I'm mainly planning to use it for parade's and display's.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the right deal for the M127 comes along I would get it. They're neat in the fact that they have a 12 and 28 volt lighting system. Like Mark said they are tall. If you bid on one from pics, get some of the bed, I see lots with bad wood. I would love to find a deal on the M118A1 wich is the little brother single axle version of the trailer. That would be perfect for the deuce tractor. Also be on the lookout for th M269 and M270 trailers. Thats another good trailer for your M52A2 and they have a lower deck.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bad news for the tractor. It has a knock that i thought was a diesel knock when fuel is puddling on the pistons. But after running it yesterday i'm convenced it's internal. Getting under the truck it sure sounds like a rod. I think i lost the injector pump also. I've got no throttle responce and the cable won't shut it off. It's stuck at 2000 rpm's when running. As the knock got louder i had to cut the frel line to stall it. I guess i'll pull the oil pan soon and see what's going on.

Ken, i dont have a great deal of experience with these but when i was looking for an engine for my M51A2 i saw a few of these that had #6 rod thru the block. two of these the turbo was trashed so im thinking that the turbo dumped the oil and therefore starved the bearings for oil . never took the time to recearch internal oil flow but maybe #6 is last to get oil. just another one of my wild ideas . Dave

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every single windowed multifuel block I've ever seen had the #6 rod kicked out. Hmmm!

forgot to mention, this is the very reason our M51A2W/W came to live with us. preveious owner blew her up and we took her off his hands for $2500 . found a gov. rebuild for $900 and a GOOD turbo from Kublo's and away she goes! oh yea-- the turbo on the old eng was what took er out.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys, I'll check #6 first. I forgot to mention it was 3 gallons low on oil before i started it. I installed a manual guage and it was holding 75psi while running.

vtdeucedriver

wet stack.........turbo about to give out??? I have a M52, would love to have a reason to change it and get a "whistler".......I dont mind my M35A2C being quiet but it just does not seem right for a 5 ton.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks