• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vic-1 system is a go!!!

Sevo

Got my Vic in last week just in time to do a recovery of my 109 in winder Ga. I went with Ferro ( adam) and it made the trip a dream. I really enjoyed being able to listen to my I-phone and not have to yell at each other.

Thank you to all the members of SS that helped me sort out the cables and what I needed. I have my radio in the car port that is going in next.

here she is

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Gee that 1780 looks familar.

So how did you mount your C2298 boxes in the corner of the cab? I have L shaped brackets originally made for the M715 for the shoe box matching unit. Since I could never get them to sell, I used them to mount the C2298 boxes and the bolt pattern is virtually a perfect match to the back of the cab.

Glad you found all the cables. Enjoy

Sevo

Gee that 1780 looks familar.

So how did you mount your C2298 boxes in the corner of the cab? I have L shaped brackets originally made for the M715 for the shoe box matching unit. Since I could never get them to sell, I used them to mount the C2298 boxes and the bolt pattern is virtually a perfect match to the back of the cab.

Glad you found all the cables. Enjoy

Carnac,

I am saving the AM 1780 I got from you for my 109.. that one you see in the picture is another one I have. I will be setting yours up soon. I will post pics of it in my 109.

The drivers side box is mounted on the corner bracket that is on the deuce to the left of the drivers seat ( its that angled flat bar) . I wanted to be able to control the driver box while driving and having it there makes it easy to do that, I just bolted it to the metal that was there.

The passenger box I welded up a "L" bracket out of some flat stock and mounted it right above the seat. I was going to mount it in the same spot as the driver but the bench seat took up to much so there was no room for it there.

Sevo

Wow Chris you have to show me how to put that setup in my 109! I hope to see you in Uharrie!.
Thanks man.. Will do, it is so easy to do. The only thing I had to make was the "L" bracket. I will be at Uharrie for sure.. going to give you a call today.. got your PM.. thank you for sending me it

see you soon

Sevo

Forgot to mention to those who are installing your VIC system without a radio. You must have the "installation switch" turned to "int only" if you don't the Vic will not work..

Wile E. Coyote

Forgot to mention to those who are installing your VIC system without a radio. You must have the "installation switch" turned to "int only" if you don't the Vic will not work..
Also, once you hook the radios up make reaaaaaal sure you've followed the wiring instructions in the manual exactly or you *will* let the magic smoke out. One of the local collectors has smoked three of them in the last couple of years (because he insists on doing it himself), and each has one of the contacts on the main rotary wafer switch burnt clean off as a result. Once that happens you're pretty much dead in the water unless you can replace the switch or live with having it permanently wired up on one setting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks