• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal Events?

Yes and no. There is a large one at Tower Park in Lodi over Memmorial Weekend. I plan on attending. It is in California, but not Southern. Maybe we should get the boys from SO Cal to start getting one together.

I also know that there is an impromtu get togther the first or second Saturday of the month at Glendale College.

Dieselsmoke

Guys, join the MVCC (MilitaryVehicle Collectors of California), link in my signature. That's where you'll find all the info about the west coast events. Tower Park (Lodi, CA) is the event of all events, twice a year. Tower Park is April 16-22 and the fall meet is October 3-8. Everything from jeeps to armor. We're trying to get as many deuces as we can lined up in one row-sites 169B-157 and 170-179 I know for a fact that 166, 166, 167 are already spoken for 10 years in advance :) The MVCC has a forum on G503.com where upcoming events and such are discussed. I try to post all the events here in the calendar.
Gary, you may want to come up for this one-June 2-4 static vehicle display at Beale AFB, and also a show at Mather AFB in Sac, Auburn airshow, and Nevada County Airfest. Also, June 23-25 is the Ruffin-it convoy/campout through the Plumas National Forest. Basically starts near Oroville and ends up between LaPorte and Quincy!! As the title states we'll be Ruffin it as there won't be a campground scheduled on the trip!
May 3-7 they are trying to put together a small meet at Camp Roberts May 3-7. There is also a pretty good sized even in Arizona. Papago military vehicle show I believe is Jan 28-29 http://www.armytrucks.org/

Wow, I need to get on the ball here and get my Deuce up to snuff for a big journey. Beale is not far away from my shop in Yuba but that is 429 miles from where the M35 is. That would be great to drive it in there.
Glad you mentioned the dates for Lodi. I always thought it was on Memmorial Weekend. :?
Thanks for the info Bill.

Dieselsmoke

Hope to see as many of you there as we can. Don't forget we're trying to get as many deuce/five ton trucks in spaces 169B-157 and 170-179 as we can. CALL NOW if you plan to come, because the spaces go FAST, or you can register for a site online. Hummerguy will be there, one of my friends from CO, and we may even get Todd Haley out here again from Kentucky! Don't forget, if you're thinking about coming reserve a spot now, they are large spots and will easily accomidate 2 deuces. There's some pics in my album in the photo gallery of our camp the past fw years.

Ok. I'm workin' it so I can make it there. Hopefully blow in on Wed and get my feet wet and then on Sat or Sunday on the way back to So Cal.
I hope to be hauling a covered U-haul trailer for both up and back trip(s).

Is there any chance of someone having some new 9.00X20 tires at the meet?

Devin, are you going to try and make it? If not, is there anything you need me to look for or take up there?

Jones or Dieselsmoke - is there anything you need from down here? (Sorry, the babes are not at the beach yet. :lol: )

If I have the trailer I can carry heavy or bulky stuff up there but coming home I gotta watch it as I am bringing back a bedroom set for my new bride.

Damn she'd be pissed if a winch rolled over and took out the armoir!! :shock:
I'd need to bring the dog house back too. :cry:

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Doesn't look like I'm going to be making it. I've only got 2 days off that week and its too far for an overnighter especially with it being Easter Sunday. Your more than welcome to use my M105 trailer to save on trailer rental fees. I dont have bows or a top for it though. I dont need anything except a carburetor for a 1938 Caterpillar D2 pony motor if you happen to see one up there! LOL. Thanks for the offer. Devin

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am always down in San Diego every few weeks to visit family. I dont think I could ever talk the wife into driving down in the duece with a carseat in between us. She doesnt even like looking at the duece let alone riding in it. I would be in for a guys trip though.

Feeler for gathering

I just PM'd Djfreema concerning a convoy to Mammoth Lakes, California.

My brother lives there and can get things organized quite handily. We have access to a very nice campground that has hot showers and flush toilets available.

I am thinking of sometime in August to give us time to put it together and clear out everyone's calendar. I will also check on events scheduled there that we may be able to coincide with. Suggestions? 4th of July is out for me as I am a pyrotechnician and have other commitments.

If there is any interest in the idea post a reply here and I will put it together.
We can't let all the east coast guys have all the fun all the time. Heck, I am getting greener than my Deuce with jealousy. :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks