• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC-53 Axle Parts ???

COX

Does anyone know where to get the front differential with gears for a 1942 WC-53, besides Vintage Power Wagons? Or does anyone have one for sale?

nattieleather

Will the axle parts interchage between an WC and an M serries truck? The reason I ask is because there are many M37s out there and many have been changed to higher gears so you might find a set out of a M37 (if the will interchange) for cheep.

Reactions: COX

COX

I will check out the M37's to see. Does anyone else have any info. on getting one of these differentials?

ETBaals

WC53 axel parts

Hi
For the diff assembly, if you have a bolt on inspection cover on the axel the M37 parts will not work, 8 5/8 inch ring gear
If the inpsection cover is welded on, you can you the M37 diff for parts. 9 inch ring gear.
You can also call Ace surplus in Victoria Texas, onwer is Sid Beck. one hell of a good guy, he specializes in Dodge parts
His number is 361 573 3276
Sid has been selling Dodge parts since the early 1970s.
Ernie

Reactions: COX

COX

Thank you for the info, I will try both of these places. I really appreciate the feedback, any information on this rebuild will help. It is my first WC, as I am use to building off-road Jeeps.
:-D

Motorfool

I have a complete front axle from a 1946(?) (early) Power Wagon. If this would fit your truck
you can have it as I have been tripping over it for some time now!

m376x6

The axles on the WC 3/4 Ton trucks were wider than the M37. The perches are different as well. There differences in the very early 1942 WC axles and the later WC 53 axles.

Regards,
M376X6

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks