• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where did all the M35A3's go?

Nonotagain

I looked at a pile of M35A3 located in North Carolina on GL , saved them to my watch list, then poof, all gone.

GL's advertisement iin the upper left corner just showed one of the trucks, clicked the link only to receive this message No Lot Found at Government Liquidation

Did GL get a better offer to sell all the trucks as one lot or are they going to be relisted at a later date?

Inquiring minds want to know.

avengeusa

some govt agency, or foreign entity was probably given them

do not fear, they are all being phased out

there will be more

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any site that shows the diffs in the M35, M35A1, M35A2 and M35A3? When I was in I don't remember the M35A3, but I had a M35A2C that we have a shelter on back. That deuce would eat my M931 loaded or unloaded down the Autobahn.
M35- gas engine
M35A1- LDS 427 (turbo multifuel engine)
M35A2-LD 465 (non-turbo multifuel engine) and LDT 465 (turbo mutifuel engine)
M35A3- A completely rebuilt M35A2 with Cat engine,Allison auto trans, cental tire infation system, air assist steering, super single tires, and a funky looking hood.

jasonjc

One of those in the "pulled" lots was an M36A3. At least it looked to have more than 5 bows. Maybe they pulled them because there were miss I.D.ed??

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
These trucks are leading candidates for Foreign Military Sales and Local/State/Federal transfer program. I have heard unconfirmed reports the National Forest Service is wanting a large number for fire fighting. The 900 series 5 ton is less preferred to them due to the front tilting hood getting damaged in the brush and less ability to add brush guards to the 900 series.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thing I can't understand is why they would get pulled after GL got them. They already went through the whole screening process. All the various military, federal, state, local, etc. entities had their shot at them. After they cleared the DRMO screening time period, they were transferred to GL. Usually, GL items have stickers on them that say something like "NO SCREENING." If they were pulled en masse from GL, I suppose they still could have been pulled back.

dittle

Talked to one of our guys here in MN and he said that they have to have every M35 series turned in this year. Don't know if there is a specific month deadline though. A M35A2 I knew of here disappeared a couple of weeks ago to DRMO, probably to be sold out of Ripley (don't know that for sure however). Was a nice looking truck w/ winch tarp/bows.

Happyland1410

These trucks are leading candidates for Foreign Military Sales and Local/State/Federal transfer program. I have heard unconfirmed reports the National Forest Service is wanting a large number for fire fighting. The 900 series 5 ton is less preferred to them due to the front tilting hood getting damaged in the brush and less ability to add brush guards to the 900 series.
I know that the Oklahoma Forestry Service has recently obtained several M35A3's. I went last week to pick one up for our volunteer fire department. There were 3 on the lot when I was there and I understand that there were around 6 of them available a month or so ago. I think we got a pretty good one that will replace our current M35A2 which has some major issues. I have some pictures posted of our A3.

Did I understand correctly that more A3's should be retired and hopefully hitting GL soon? I'm one of the few firefighters in our department that likes driving our A2. After spending a week on this site I'm afraid I've been infected and may need my own deuce some day. Now I'm trying to learn more about this whole GL thing.

Dan

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After spending a week on this site I'm afraid I've been infected and may need my own deuce some day. Now I'm trying to learn more about this whole GL thing.

Dan

Sad, the infection rate continues unabated.

Welcome to the site, have a beer and plan on purchasing one or seventeen Deuces.

sw

checkmateking2

Im a newbie, looking for the M35A3 variant hoping to secure one with a winch. Does anyone know whether these mods were also performed on the shop van or instrument van models? would that be a M109A3 for instance?:?:

jrou111

Im a newbie, looking for the M35A3 variant hoping to secure one with a winch. Does anyone know whether these mods were also performed on the shop van or instrument van models? would that be a M109A3 for instance?:?:
There is such thing as an M109A3 but it's NOT an M35A3 with an M109 body, sorry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks