• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pick up times at GL sites

FrankUSMC

I am posting this after reading a post about missing a pick up time at a GL site. In one of the following post was some incorrect word was passed that might lead to other members showing up after a long drive and finding a locked gate instead of picking up there truck.
If we could get fellow members here to post what are the pick up times at there GL sites.
Here at MCAS Cherry Point, you will want to get here before 3 (1500). At 3 DRMO secures it's gates, plus the traffic flow changes. The road that DRMO is off of at 3 becomes a one way road, or traffic jam. It would be very hard or inpossible to get to DRMO once the traffic flow is changed....plus all you will find is a locked gate. My best advice about a pick up here is, you want to be loaded and GONE before 3.
Hope this helps any one making a run this way.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
That's prolly a good idea Frank. However, at least in my experience,,stuff happens to change times dates etc. That's happened a couple of times but I knew not to show up because I ALWAYS make direct contact with who ever is the site manager and confirm a date/time.
Has done me well so far. Here in GA some of the GL reps travel great distances to release stuff and murphy shows up sometimes. I leave my cell # with the rep and they have always been great about keeping me informed of changes.
I did have to wait about 2hrs once..GL rep had minor car trouble and as luck would have it she was in a "dead area"...no cell phone signal...like I said..it happens.
THEN..on one recovery..my tractor broke down and had to be towed back...how embarrassing!!
Called the GL Rep and explained...she laughed and said.."see..it works both ways"!! See ya next week? Guess she could have been nasty..but she wasn't.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks