• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slow loadind and timing out

fredrader

I don't know if it is on my end or not but since the switch the sight has been very sloooow to load and times out a lot.Some times it loads pretty quick but a lot of times it is real slow.I know there are probably bugs to be worked out but I was just wondering if it was just me or is it slow for everyone..

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Boatcarpenter said:
Sometimes painfully slow for me also, but no time outs. PM's and posting verrrry slow also at times.
:ditto:

mangus580

I think that our Chat has been messing things up. Last night when we were trying out the new chat, it got really painful, but I have noticed it with the old one too.

We may have to shut chat down for a bit :-(

DrFoster

I've noticed it too, REALLY BAD over here. Just a thought, but if you have the forum in a database, try to compress / repair it. Again, only a suggestion, and I don't know what setup this is here.

mangus580

Thats a thought, and I can try it.... But I can say that it appears to be completely Server related. When it wants to, it flies right along.

mangus580

The host tells me they are doing some server maintenance.... something about changing the oil, and filters :)

they say it should be done in a couple hours, and all back to normal.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
seems more like a total motor overhaul rather then a oil change

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
guess we still have server prob. the sits still goes down then back up

fredrader

Well the site seems to work good for a while and then craps out..I'll be reading a post and click on the steelsoldiers logo at the top of the page to go back to the main page and it either goes right to it or never loads and times out..I have my laptop here in front of me as well as my desktop and it does it on both computers...I'm running out of blood pressure pills and patience..I turn around and go to some of the other sites like the 715 forum and the like that have the generic website and no problem..Maby we have to much going on at once here or something..I don't know anything about hosting a web site but it seems like our host can't handle ours but around 75% of the time..If it's just me let me know but it does it when I'm using wi-fi out of town too.. :cry:

It just did it again when I tried to post this..Good thing I copy my post before I hit submit..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks