• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Up?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok it's been a month & no one has posted here :?

The cab mounts / floor and many other parts of my M882 have lost the rust battle. I want a rust free body for it. Problem is I can't afford it :cry:

So I've been giving some thought about...................

Trading my rare M886 for a rust free awesome condition M882. :shock:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive been looking into another M880 since I sold the M887. Love the 887 and its aluminum body but the pickup suites me better to carry the S-318 shelter. Should have kept that 887!

N1265

Bob,

Do you have a line on a rust free 30yr old M882 ? and do you plan on parting out your m882 ?

also, I am looking for some information on the history of the M880s.... I noticed that on a web page where you are describing your m886. that you state that " this truck left military service in 1993 "

I was wondering if you were talking about your truck, or the M886s in general.

Thanks,

Nick

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
N1265 said:
Bob,

Do you have a line on a rust free 30yr old M882 ? and do you plan on parting out your m882 ?

also, I am looking for some information on the history of the M880s.... I noticed that on a web page where you are describing your m886. that you state that " this truck left military service in 1993 "

I was wondering if you were talking about your truck, or the M886s in general.

Thanks,

Nick
I had thought about clarifying my earlier post,
No I do not have a line on a truck, just my hopes.
I have an M882 that I am parting out.

That's my trucks "retirement" date.
minimum length of use for a vehicle is 12 yrs, that would take them to 89. I have {somewhere} a pic of an M886 from Desert Storm.
I believe the humvee ambulance was introduced about that time also.

N1265

I see, Thanks for clearing that up for me. But I am curious about one thing thought ? How do you know your trucks "retirement" date ? Is there a place that this info can be researched, or did you get it from the goverment yourself?

Thanks, Nick

jasonjc

gsa has some M88_'s in arkansas ex foresty truck's
I'm whacthing a m49 they have also
bidding ends on the 23 or 24
jason

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks