• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Attn Florida: GL is charging for SF97s

bassetdeuce

Just talked to Tabetha at GL today and found out that I'm going to be charged $60 for each title on the truck and trailer I won at Redstone. Is this right? This didn't happen three months ago when I got my deuce. She said that the only time us Floridians wont be charged the $60 fee per title is if they (GL) take longer than 30 days. This is pure GL bllsht. :evil:

lavarok

Not sure if its right or not, but you agree to it when you fill out the SF97 form on their website.
At least as a Floridian, you get a FL Title and not just SF97 paperwork. At least that is I how look at it. If you ever want to resell your stuff, a title in hand will make the buyer feel better about the sale.

Last edited:

scrapman

If you did'nt get charged you just got missed. I've been charged the $60 on all 6 trucks this year plus when Virginia did'nt charge sales tax Florida did.

bassetdeuce

Perhaps Recovry4x4 could clarify this. I read a thread about this very issue regarding GL as listed as a Florida dealer, by law they must issue title within 30 days, cannot charge the $60 fee for doing it, yada yada...

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/18087-receiving-title-gl-florida.html

papercu, Wayne, whatever, do you work for GL? I live in Florida, do you? Im concerned with the vehicle titling laws in Florida, not in the 49 other states. I knew I would get the terms and conditions spiel, what else can I say for such an a hole response.

lavarok, I don't sell or flip anything. But I do need title to get plates.

scrapman, on a side note, do you still have that deuce from Fort Jackson? Mines been great aside from various leaks and no tach.

If it was a change of policy to charge Florida residents titling fees and be able to take longer than 30 days, can any more here in Florida confirm it?

scrapman

Yes I still have the Ft. Jackson truck for another day but it is headed to a new home in Apopka. Drove it all the way home from S.C. only had to stop in Savannah to fix a cut radiator hose. Are you coming out to the fairgrounds on Sat.? I just accidentally spent my gunshow $$$ on a winch truck in Butner N.C.:-(

derby

OH ,I must be in the wrong place. I thought this was the place to get answers to MV questions, Not get pissy when you get an answer you did not want to hear. Do you always buy items without reading the fine print ? I have a bridge for sale.

papercu

FYI Kenny post said "If you are a FL resident and the truck was sold from a FL location" You said your truck was from Redstone. Crazy me, I thought you meant Redstone AL. Wayne

lavarok

lavarok, I don't sell or flip anything. But I do need title to get plates.
Actually you could get plates or apply for title with SF97 paperwork at your local tax collectors office.

GL is taking the extra step and sending in the SF97 paperwork to the state and the state sends you the FL title. I can not confirm any change since as far as I know this has been the policy for at least 1 year for FL residents.

Whether or not you get charged is another story. I was expecting to pay 60 per title, but have only been charged for half of the titles I have received.

Green_gator

GL is moving the titles through their Eglin AFB location regardless of where you buy. I have
Florida titles on trucks from Texas, Oklahoma, Iowa and Indiana GL sites that came direct from GL processing.

bassetdeuce

OH ,I must be in the wrong place. I thought this was the place to get answers to MV questions, Not get pissy when you get an answer you did not want to hear. Do you always buy items without reading the fine print ? I have a bridge for sale.
FYI, I do read fine print, but I always check here to get the scoop on how things are regarding all aspects of buying from GL, and ownership of MVs in general. There is a big difference in what should be, and what really is. I do not come here to be talked down to like an idiot.

To everyone else, thanks for the clarifications. It is possible I got confused when reading the other thread, and as scrapman suggested to me, I might have been charged $60 and didn't realize it. I don't know. If that is how things roll, then fine, I'm still new to this. I've met some great, helpful and friendly people through this site, like blythewoodjoe, scrapman, and stonepicker1.

What keeps me from going to rallys and get togethers are the a holes, and by reading some of the cold thread responses throughout this site, its easy to see who they are.

Blood_of_Tyrants

It is just another money grabbing scam by GL. I have NEVER, EVER been charged extra just to get the paperwork to get the title anywhere except by GL. GSA gave me an SF-97 for a truck I bough for free and had it to me 4 days after I paid.

bassetdeuce

It is just another money grabbing scam by GL. I have NEVER, EVER been charged extra just to get the paperwork to get the title anywhere except by GL. GSA gave me an SF-97 for a truck I bough for free and had it to me 4 days after I paid.
Wow :-o, I guess that proves that what GL really needs is competition. Too bad GSA doesn't get the quantity or quality that GL does. Geez, did I just use quality and GL in the same sentence?

lavarok

Monopolies suck! Except when you have Park Place and Broadway. J/K

I am not happy that GL hits us for the extra $60....but I don't see an alternative when I want to register the trucks I buy! For me, its just one more cost I figure in when bidding. I don't think anyone here is happy about 10% buyer's premiums or SF97 fees...but yet we still bid at GL!!

All my winning lots were pulled today so I am safe for another week.

oh yeah - hope I am not one of the a-holes!!

Last edited:

papercu

G/L used to give free SF97 but then some buyers complained about wrong vin numbers and trouble with registration, so they changed the rules to having a buyer and LEO fill out the forms and sending them back. Anytime a company does anything they get paid for it. GSA employee are on the goverment payroll so you are still paying for the service, you just don't see it as a seperate charge. Wayne

bassetdeuce

Monopolies suck! Except when you have Park Place and Broadway. J/K

I am not happy that GL hits us for the extra $60....but I don't see an alternative when I want to register the trucks I buy! For me, its just one more cost I figure in when bidding. I don't think anyone here is happy about 10% buyer's premiums or SF97 fees...but yet we still bid at GL!!

All my winning lots were pulled today so I am safe for another week.

oh yeah - hope I am not one of the a-holes!!

You mentioned earlier that you paid the fee for half of the vehicles you got from GL? Is it possible that the ones you didn't pay the fee for took longer than 30 days to get title? Just trying to figure this out. Oh, you didn't give a smart azzed remark, so your o.k. :wink:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a time (a year or so ago) GL got way behind on SF97s. It was the when the deuces first started flooding the market. They were taking up to 90 days or more. At that time GL waived the $60 fee untill they got caught up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks