• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M606A2/A3 and the CJ5

crscrklog

Hello to the forum. I am among the newest of members but have been doing some serious learnin' by reading the info contained in the SS Forums.

One matter that has been raised several times is that of the M38A1 vs CJ5. However, I haven't seen anything related to the M606 and it's CJ5 versions the M606A2 and A3.

Since I have seen several pics of such jeeps in Vietnam era, in US, and others in the hands of our allies, It would be great to know if there is any information on these jeeps among the forum members.

Thanks for any feedback or references.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i thought the 606 was made in korea, it had a higher hood then the m38 and a few other differences

crscrklog

M606

I believe you are correct as to the dates of the M606 which is based on the CJ 3B. The M606A2 and A3's were militarized versions of the CJ5 and appeared about 1966(???). Hope others have more details.

Thanks

tropicthunder

I just bought an m606a3 and it is complete except for thr radiator,will it take a cj5 radiator or a m38a1 radiator? Does anyone know much about these jeeps?

crscrklog

M606a3

There is quite a bit of info available on the net if you search using "M606A3".

Attached spec sheet for the M606A3 provides some details. Many were simply CJ5's with site needed mods. Since most of these were used by US Allies, some of the best info is available from Canada, Israel, etc. I'll try to assemble a list of links where you can get info and add to future message.

I possible please send pics of yours so we can compare notes and differences.

Thanks

Attachments

tropicthunder

Hey thanks for the info, lets keep in touch. I will get some pics to you ASAP, the jeep is at the mechanics at the moment . I know nothing about this jeep, but i am learning. I have been into M37s for quite a while and got the opportunity to snag this M606A3 so i did. Thanks for the reply.

Claudio

I hope it isn't too late, since the last post in 2009. I have a nicely restored M606A3 and can send photos to anyone of interested fans of this model. Let me have your private mails.;-)
Claudio
Florianopolis, Brazil.

Claudio

Sorry fellows, but I have no idea how to post pictures here. It is a shame, but believe me, I am very dumb with computers... does anyone has a while to explain me how to do it?
Regards
Claudio

Claudio

Hi all,
These photos are before the restoration. I will send more as soon as the upholstery job is done, hopefully within a couple of days. The jeep looks now completely different, I would say with correct color, all add-ons installed, mechanics, electrics...all done.
Take care all. Best!!!
Claudio
Florianopolis, Brazil.

Attachments

diego del solar

M606 A2.jpg
Hello from Argentina,this is my 1958 / M606 A2 , not completely original since it is a replica with custom details.
Does not correspond but I really liked the model, after all it is a CJ5 modified for military light use, rather than anything official transport.
For the troops and battlefield use the M38 A1.
Cheers!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks