• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USMC M37

James Hayes

I recently bought a 1962 M37, and immediately realized just how
little I know about this vehicle!

I need someone to help me locate parts. And to show me how a USMC
truck was originally equipped with lights and etc.

The 3 major items I'm needing are: 1-winch, 2-windshield, 3-cowl
(body panel between the windshield and the hood)...

I keep hearing of a web page called "bigelectric.com". Anybody know
where these guys get together now?

Thanks, James

Dieselsmoke

Well, the best sources of M37 parts that I know of are Vintage Power Wagons (they have a website I believe), A.B. Linn, and John Bizal of Midwest Military.

CGarbee

The BigElectric site went belly up mid 2004. It has been replaced by the www.g741.org website forum (same software and moderator, different server) with most of the same knowledgeable folks...

For info on USMC trucks and what makes them different from USArmy rigs, take a look at my site... I've got all the info you are asking about posted since my M37 (and the parts trucks) is a USMC varient. Most notable difference (other than the markings) are the addition of the rear lifting shackle relocation (light guards) brackets and the front tie downs welded to the ends of the bumper (paper clips).

Particular pages on my site for you to start at:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/usmcmodifications.htm
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/usmcmarkings.htm

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I read your web page thank you for the information. My question is did these trucks come with a rear locker like in every other USMC vehicle?

GUNNY 155

There are certain differences between the USMC version and ones used by the Army. Most modifications were done in Barstow or with locally installed kits. Feel free to contact me.

IMG_6203.jpgM37 ENGINE DROP 041.jpgIMG_6198.jpgcab 1.jpg

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gunny,

Can you explain the Cab Mod pictured below? I haven't seen this before.

Cab Top Mod.jpg

Thanks,

Storm 51

GUNNY 155

When I has Beachwood canvas make up my top I had the choice of going with the original metal insets that hold the canvas in place or installing the snaps on the side. I had seen a picture of a truck done this way previously and liked the look so since I am the Battalion Commander I ordered it done. I believe in keeping to original design to a certain point, but also figure have some fun in the process.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not only are you the Battalion Commander, but you also have complete control of the appropriation and budgeting process.

I'm in the same position with my truck, and it is a very place to be. There are a number of things on my truck that are "command discretion" items.

I get to design it, fabricate it, install it and operate it.

It's GREAT! :-D :beer::driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks