• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2009 Memorial Day

42WC57

Finally got most of the details worked out, put in some fuel, and set out for Middletown Springs VT. A 20 mile round trip seems like a day in the saddle with this rig. The jeep belongs to the state VFW Commander. Also, a shot of a couple of friends checking for safety equipment....

Got to get the sewing machine going next, I found 25 yards of WWII canvas material so it shouldn't be long now.

(sorry, the jeep mentioned above seems to be on another shot...)

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That looks awesome! Is this the one you had posted restoration shots of last year? Or am I thinking of another poster?

Regardless, looks great. And New England is some beautiful country......

42WC57

Clinto- Yes, this is the same one. I still have a bunch of stuff to do including finding some bumper parts and a MU-2 winch to replace the CCKW winch that's on it now. I'm resisting the urge to pay way too much from our friends in Iowa. I'll have it in a July 4th parade and a couple of car shows this fall if all the details work out. Neil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks