• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dodge 1/2 ton has got a bad shimmy

dougimes

I have run into a real problem. My WC 21 develops a very bad shimmy above 25mph.

It had a bad tie rod end, which I replaced assuming it would solve the problem. It did not... bummer.

I jacked it up and ran it with wheels off the groung. Front right wheel has about a 1/2" hop as it rotates.

Left wheel has a wobble.

Axles and hubs are straigt.

What is normal for these wheels? The 1/2 " hop does not look like it was from damage, looks like it was made that way.

the wobble looks like it hit something.

Can bent/out of true wheels be straightened and balanced. Where should I take it

Motorfool

I would just replace the questionable wheels. Probably cheaper than trying to repair
bad ones. I have some extras I'm willing to part with, or check with Vintage Power
Wagon in Iowa.

dougimes

what a coincidence. I will be in Watertown in a few weeks, helping at my dad's farm. You might know him- Gene Imes He has a half dozen MV's you might have seen, M715, M37, WC63. He owns the buffalo farm on Count Em near 106 north of watertown.

If you have 2 rims you think are true, I'd be interested.

Thanks for you reply

Doug

Motorfool

Hey Doug,
Give me a call at 920-474-4374 (please leave message if I miss your call).
I can put some rims on my balancer + check them for you.

Roger

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks