• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wanted cckw 352 spare tire rack

pavehawk

I'm looking for a spare tire rack that goes behind the cab of a 352 cckw. I've called every body with an ad in supply line and then some and they all said good luck. Does any body know any body that is parting out a 352 or has a rack? Any help will be good help.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is extremely hard to find on the loose. Call Army Cars up in Spooner WI and see if they can get you one from Belgium.

paulfarber

Do you want an early or late one? What year is your CCKW? Can you post a SN if the data plate is missing?

I know where a late one is.. its incomplete.. but enough is there to make the other parts.

You would have to have some pretty good contacts to get a complete one.

pavehawk

The cckw is an early 1941 hard cab with a civilian interior. the main parts that I'm conserned with are the formed wheel ramps. the rest of the rack that holds the gas tank can be fabracated with a lot of work. paulfarber I would be very interested.

Attachments

pavehawk

The last time I talked to the guys in spooner WI they said don't have any trucks in bad enough shape to part out and none laying around.

paulfarber

I have dealt with ArmyCars USA and they are great folks.. lots of money and lots of trucks. Who knew there was so much money in Cranberries? But as mentioned, they don't part out. Most of their CCKWs when I was there 3 years ago were all Norwegian returns with typical NATO changes. All would have probably driven back to PA, but still need anywhere from minor to major reconditioning. Repainting a CCKW is a project.

The spare tire carrier I know of is a late model with the two large fuel fillers. I am not really up to speed on the closed cabs so I don't know if thats a big deal or not.

Its in CA (about an hour N. of San Fran). I think I have pics..will post if I do. You probably won't be able to get JUST the carrier.... but a parts truck.

paulfarber

I just looked through my pictures and I do have a pic of the 352 carrier, but its only a corner (like I said I really was only looking for 353 open cab stuff. I do remember there was a tire mounted on it, but how complete is was I could not tell you. I do know that the one tire looked to be mounted between the two metal clamps (or whatever they are called). I do not know if the other parts where there, missing, or whatever.

If you want to PM me I can give you the contact info for the gentleman that has it.

Last edited:

paulfarber

Not sure what else you need but I have a NOS 6V 25A Positive ground genny that I mistakenly bought from VoV I'm looking to trade/sell.

vj

them 352 cckw are hard to find a tire rack and tank, i got a open cab 352 but don,t have that part my self, i guess i never find one. so hope you can find you one. :-D [do you got the volcano system for the pavehawk]

Nicholas

I have a 41 civilian cab with a tire rack, on a truck I have considered parting out. I think it has everything there but it has been a while since I looked at that truck. If you want pics email me.
Nick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks