• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BlackOut marker light question

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to a shipment from Kenny (recovry4x4), I now have more clearance/marker ligths to work with. The M756 pipeline truck has a bunch of them!

Thank you Kenny, I owe you again! The primary filter looks good too, I'll install it tomorrow. Let me know what the shipping charges are and I'll mail you a money order.

My question has to do with the BO markers, there is one midships (each side), one rear (each side), two facing forward and two facing rear. I'm looking for TM confirmation on the assembly of these, questions are:
1) Do they all use the white translucent lens, or are there amber and red lenses like the white one shown below?
2) Is the perforated metal shield installed with the perforations up or
down?

My guess is that there is only the white lens and that the metal shield is installed with the perfs down, but have not found any confirmation in any manual.
Thanks for any input.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn, most of the ones on the rear of my pipeline have the red filter. Thats the side and rear facing. The midships ones have the white filter. The new bo lense (I think I sent that) was sealed in the box when I got it. Upon opening, it hade the opeinings in the screens towards the top. I read an article once that pointed out that the hood on the blackout drive and low placement of the bo lights was more to prevent detection from aircraft. If this is accurate it would support locating the openings towards the top. Like you Bjorn, I can't find any tech info in any manuals. Glad the package arrived safely. I did clean out the filter housing as best as I could with brakleen. Not concerned with the few dollars shipping, I've been buying this lights for a while for my pipeline bed so it's only befitting that they go on yours. One day i'll get my new sawzall out and chop the brackets off and send them.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for that input. Need to locate red filters now.
The fuel filter will be installed just aft of the fuel tank on the frame, images tomorrow...

Jones

The slots go to the top; you're right about detection from above idea. Saturn has the lenses but any plastic supply house should have sheets of colored material to cut filters from.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks