• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dwell and Tachometer

cobra5

In the TM9-2320-218-20-1-1, page 3-63 there is an illustration for a Simpson TDS-2. I found a TDS-3 and was wondering if anyone knew the difference between the two models. Can I use this newer model on a mutt?

m38inmaine

I have one but I not sure what model it is, will look when I get home. I would think any tach/dwell would work as as long as the voltage is correct.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won't matter...wonder how many people even know what tach and dwell are :wink: I haven't used that term in a very long time!

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M151 Timing light and timing mark

Any timing light will work. I have a cheapo one from the local NAPA store. Only thing you need to do is hook it up to 12Volts instead of the 24 on the MUTT (hook it across one of the two batteries or use a seperate battery) You will also need to have an adapter for the number one cylinder plug wire or strip the ground brade off of and old plug wire and use that. While we are on the topic. I always have a hard time finding the timing mark on the pulley. Can anyone enlighthen me as to what it looks like and whether it is on the front or back of the pulley. (A photo would be great)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks