• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Noob Question on sales tax... Texas/Louisiana

Buckmaw

This will be my first GL purchase.

I am looking to buy a truck from Louisiana.

Will I be charged Louisiana Sales tax upon payment and then have to pay sales tax in Texas when I register it?

One other thing...

When I file my EUC, will I also have to file a SF97?

wsucougarx

you pay the sale tax where the auction is. When you get your SF97 and register it w/Texas they may have you pay add'l sale tax. Once you file you EUC, you wait, wait,wait until paperwork is apprv'd (2-8 wks), you pickup your truck, then and only then can you submit paperwork to get your SF97 (2-4 wks wait).

Last edited:

Buckmaw

Thank you both for the quick reply.

This is a great place with tons of information.

EDIT:

Will it be just State Tax (4%) or State and Local?

Last edited:

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will have to check with your state DMV. Some/Many/All (?) states will credit you the state sales tax you paid out of state when you register your vehicle in your state. That credit may require a reciprical agreement, and you may still have to pay local taxes.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
5 year old thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks