• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found in a Field

KaiserM109

Three M715s found in a field north of Denver. They are available, $6000 for the whole lot, all or nothing. I just realized that I didn't count wheels and tires. I think that about half are missing.

If someone is interested, I will take a better inventory. The extra tailgate goes with truck #3.

Here is Truck #1:

Attachments

Last edited:

KaiserM109

papabear, Armada, HAWKMAN, txdodge43man,
Thanks for the honest feedback. I will pass it on to the owner.

For my own reference, what would a complete and running M715 be worth? I know that those engines had problems; what is a running engine worth and how many M715 entheusiasts stick to the old engines?

Arlyn

Last edited:

LOWGEAR

I look at the sheet metal when considering a m715 or m725. Rust free...complete...running or not, 3500.00 dollars. Rusted missing body parts running or not,500.00 to 1200.00 dollars. As for as a good running take out engine complete...I'v paid 600.00 shipped to my home.
I like and have own several Kaiser trucks and I can safely say the stock motor is a maintenance nightmare, but I keep pouring money in to them. My current m715 engine came apart on the way to a fourth of July display Saturday so it looks like it will be parked for some time. :|

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
With a price like 6K, and in the condition that they are in, they will continue to sit until PT Barnum finds a buyer!!! :evil::evil::evil:

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post the pictures.

Last edited:

BugEyeBear

I look at the sheet metal when considering a m715 or m725. Rust free...complete...running or not, 3500.00 dollars. Rusted missing body parts running or not,500.00 to 1200.00 dollars. As for as a good running take out engine complete...I'v paid 600.00 shipped to my home.
I like and have own several Kaiser trucks and I can safely say the stock motor is a maintenance nightmare, but I keep pouring money in to them. My current m715 engine came apart on the way to a fourth of July display Saturday so it looks like it will be parked for some time. :|
:ditto: on the price evaluations!
I paid approx $2K for mine (mostly rust free straight & complete body, Ford straight 6 engine, some brake issues to be fixed).
No Satellite Dish Though!! rofl

Personally, I wouldn't put a lot of money into a stock motor, unless you REALLY want a stock restoration! There are PLENTY of engine swap options, including small-block & big-block V8s. With the more reliable powertraiin these can be AWESOME trucks!!

Be sure to check out the M715Zone.com web site for more info on these great trucks!
http://www.m715zone.com

On the "Found in Field" trucks, I would suggest that a potential buyer examine the bodies for rust and/or damage. I would guess that the floors and rockers on these are TOAST! I would also guess that there are some existing mechanical issues (why else would they be in a field!?!) I'd say these 3 are worth $3K MAX! AND That Assumes that the majority of the body parts are straight & usable, and that there is a good number of salvageable mechanical parts too!
IF the seller manages to find a local buyer he might be able to "wiggle" a little more, but I doubt it!
To Be Honest, he'd get more money by selling off the parts individually (a bed, a tailgate, a door, a fender, a hood, a bumper, etc.....)

Which Reminds Me....Did you see a straight front bumper? (I could use one!) 8)

"Cheers!"
-Bear-

Last edited:

KsM715

KaiserM109, If you talk to the current owner and he wants to sell parts Im looking for the lower tailgate hinges. The part that bolts to the rear cross member. and some tailgate chains if he has them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks