• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gl moving vehicles

jay741

why does gl move the cucv with fork lifts since it causes so much damage to them. do they just not care?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In all fairness, the standard for doing this was set by DRMO (US Govt) a long long time ago. Most vehicles are already forklifted by the time GL gets them. DRMO and GL have not been issued rollback wreckers to move trucks damage-free. So, they move the trucks with what they have been issued . . .

That's not to say there can't be change . . . where have I heard that before????

jatonka

Nearly all the CUCVs at Drum have been fork lifted by DRMO and GL when they were moved from PA to Drum. The one I bought was a 10th MTN truck from Drum and it runs so they drove it over. No bent nothing. Has a bunch of radio stuff in the bed that I want to sell, anyone interested? JT out

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In all fairness, the standard for doing this was set by DRMO (US Govt) a long long time ago. Most vehicles are already forklifted by the time GL gets them. DRMO and GL have not been issued rollback wreckers to move trucks damage-free. So, they move the trucks with what they have been issued . . .

That's not to say there can't be change . . . where have I heard that before????
I'm in the rigging and machinery moving business and use forklifts to move stuff every day that's alot more fragile than a CUCV without damage. There is a way to move trucks with a forkilift without damage if you want to take the time to do it. Just looking under and seeing where the forks are going to hit and not ramming the mast into the door would go a long way :wink:. It's not the method that's the problem, it's pure operator error.

Last edited:

dittle

I'm in the rigging and machinery moving business and use forklifts to move stuff every day that's alot more fragile than a CUCV without damage. There is a way to move trucks with a forkilift without damage if you want to take the time to do it. Just looking under and seeing where the forks are going to hit and not ramming the mast into the door would go a long way :wink:. It's not the method that's the problem, it's pure operator error.

Theres the truth in a nutshell m16ty. There is a big difference in someone who knows have to "drive" a piece of machinery and someone who knows how to "operate" that said piece. The operator can do a heck of a lot more than the driver any day of the week.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Theres the truth in a nutshell m16ty. There is a big difference in someone who knows have to "drive" a piece of machinery and someone who knows how to "operate" that said piece. The operator can do a heck of a lot more than the driver any day of the week.

I've been running a bulldozer part time for my Brother and he says the same thing about me running it for him. I can't wait until he says I'm an "operator".

:-(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks