• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bad customer service

Cucvnut

So i get a email from some dude named Daniel seldago and he is like you need to make some changes to your EUC . So i send them in i give him a call and e mail him to make sure he got them and he never responded or called back and i go to the GL help chat and the person there tells me that they cant go look at the fax machine to make sure they got the fax and daniel will get back to me at some point but the euc exspires in 3 days....but they cant take the time to go look and make sure that its ok.... THATS BULL SH!T.....IT PISSES ME OFF..and there like well it exspires in thee days so u can fax them to me and i am like i dont have a fax machine cant you go look and they said no....

how do these guys stay in busniess its the worst customer service i have delt with in a long time about as bad az xbox customer service...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Print it(the EUC) off 3 times. Tape all the pages together. Put it in the fax and press "go". Once it starts, tape the first and last page together. It will loop endlessly and run their fax out of paper. I'm sure you will get a call confirming your EUC was recieved. :wink:

Print it(the EUC) off 3 times. Tape all the pages together. Put it in the fax and press "go". Once it starts, tape the first and last page together. It will loop endlessly and run their fax out of paper. I'm sure you will get a call confirming your EUC was recieved. :wink:

:funny:

3dubs

I think I will buy a fax just to make the loop next time. I scanned mine and e-mailed it. But they are horrible at confirming stuff. I bet I can pick up a used fax cheap just so they can feel some of my frustration.

area52

Yes GL customer service sucks but who else sells surplus gov trucks? GSA but they are well used by the time they let them go.

As far as the fax goes, I think it goes into a computer instead of an actual piece of paper so that is why they cant look at it. ( I am just guessing here).

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
We use "right fax" here at work. If the fax goes into a server and is turned into an email, anyone should be able to see it.

Blood_of_Tyrants

If you have a flat bed scanner, you can scan the document in and save it as a pdf file. You can then go to Free Fax • Free Internet Faxing and fax up to two, three page faxes per day for free over the Internet.

Here is one rule about faxing to GL, NEVER fax your fax at the end of the day or over the weekend. Their fax machine runs out of paper and doesn't store the faxes not printed in memory. Fax your EUC mid-morning so that the machine is attended and the paper in it is filled. Then follow up the next day with a phone call to check if they received it. Ask for the direct number of the person handling your paperwork and call them directly.

After all that, it is still a crap shoot.

dstang97

Wow I am going to do that at work. Stupid 1985 technology

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had him once or twice. He always finds something 'wrong' on my EUC. So now I send it via e-mail to 'info'. Two pages for the scanned EUC, one page with both my DL and CWP scanned at 175%, and the fourth page a signed copy of the 'I won't sell to bad people' letter that I got from GL with my name, address and bidder number on it. I do send it in the morning (east coast time) and generally get an e-mail response that afternoon. I always title the e-mail "EUC Data, Event xxxx, Lot xxxx" so they know what it is. Last EUC submitted that way was on to Battle Creek at 3:30pm east coast time the day after the auction. YMMV

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I lost two trucks and had to pay GL 300 bucks to reinstate my account because no one in the accounting department can be spared to tell a customer his credit card has been declined. They sent an email that prob hit my spam box..they only send one.
In my case I have two cards I alternate between to float purchases on.
Had I been told immediatly that one card had been declined I could have switched the purchase to the other one.
I pointed this out to "Tim" who told me that GL does so much business that they can't call someone when a payment problem needs addressing.
HUH......so I said "you mean you don't have adaquate staff to assist your customers"?
He says "no, I didn't say that".
Well....what did you say, "Tim" ???
GL has a monopoly and they know it.....especailly since they just got the contract renewed (a fact "Tim" threw up at me).
He then informs me that I can only pay by bank wire (cant put me through to the financial folks and pay by credit card).
The problem (in my mind) is that there is no one holding them accountable.
Since they are a government contractor they have congressional oversight...a point I pointed out to "Tim".......they have to address every congressional investigation.
After I presented him with my (former) Public Affairs credintials and promised him a call from my Rep. he became a lot more accomodating.
A flood of congressional inquiries and some civilian press attention might go a long way to make GL realize that customer service is important.
If I lived in Phoenix they would be real tired of seeing me.
:soapbox:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So i get a email from some dude named Daniel seldago and he is like you need to make some changes to your EUC . So i send them in i give him a call and e mail him to make sure he got them and he never responded or called back and i go to the GL help chat and the person there tells me that they cant go look at the fax machine to make sure they got the fax and daniel will get back to me at some point but the euc exspires in 3 days....but they cant take the time to go look and make sure that its ok.... THATS BULL SH!T.....IT PISSES ME OFF..and there like well it exspires in thee days so u can fax them to me and i am like i dont have a fax machine cant you go look and they said no....

how do these guys stay in busniess its the worst customer service i have delt with in a long time about as bad az xbox customer service...
Danny is the man!! LOL - Took his sweet time with everything on my EUC.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I've said it before, I'll say it again;

Everyone has a boss. GL is a contracted agent of the United Stated Defense Logistics Agency. If the contracting officer representative can't get their attention, then you senator or congressman will ge tthe attention of the contracting officer represenatative.

Mudstone

i called them to go look at a truck and after 4 calls and 3 weeks... they still donno when i can go up to look at them... i have since given up. Instead i'm gonna buy a kublo truck in a few months :)

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know that a lot of people have had bad experiences with GL and their customer service. It's little consolation to those of you who have, but, after my first EUC which I faxed in and needed to make revisions to, as well as e-mail a color copy of my DL. I always e-mail the EUC documents to info@govliquidation.com, then immediatly go into live chat and ask the person to verify reciept of the e-mail and forward it on to the appropriate people. After they do that for me I always ask them nicely to please verify the current date and time for me as I am going to print the chat and keep it for my records. When they respond back with the current date and time, I politely thank them, and end the chat and print the transcript.

I haven't had any troubles doing it this way, but if I do, I have a record that someone within their orginazation received my documents, as well as a name, time and date that it was received.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks