• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A2 Trailer Date of Manufacture

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got a PU-620/M generator set. It has two MEP-017A generators mounted on a M116A2 trailer. Anybody know how to find out the date of manufacture of the trailer. It is serial number 821. NSN 6115-00-738-6340.

Also, the trailer has the new style tires. Can I still mount the 60s-70s era tires on it. I was told it has a different axle/lugs.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
There is more to the serial number than this. There are nearly 200 trailers beginning with 821. There is more to the serial number. You can post this to the vin info thread also.

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is only one field on the M116 trailer data plate where you can stamp a serial or registration number. It is labeled Serial number and has 821 stamped in the blank space. There are no spaces on the PU-620 data plate for any serial numbers. However, in the upper left corner of the PU-620 data plate, the number 69 is stamped (not in any kind of blank field, just on the background color of the data plate. I checked the date of manufacture of the generators (which is actually stamped on the generator data plates). They were 10/68 & 6/69. From that, I am guessing it was manfuctured in 1969. Thanks for your feedback.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Is the plate you are looking at on the tongue or the bed of the trailer? Just a thought.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks